Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is this the proper way to install front motor mounts on a 580K phase 3?

nilzlofgren ยท 2017-08-27 15:59

Is this the proper way to install this front motor mount? Also, if this is the way, I'm assuming this is the correct orientation of the mount?

Replies10
  1. #1RDC_580C2017-08-28 02:35

    Yep - http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-58...Engine-4l/ENGINE-MOUNTING-0qFo/?#partdiagrams Some silicone spray on those things before trying to install them helps a bit as well.

  2. #2nilzlofgren2017-08-28 06:07

    Thank you very much.

  3. #3Tinkerer2017-08-28 07:29

    Do you have the service manual ? Here is a screen shot out of it.

  4. #4nilzlofgren2017-08-28 10:08

    I do have the large binder type service manual. Thank you. Just wondering though, Why crankshaft alignment is an issue?

  5. #5Tinkerer2017-08-28 11:25

    Non-alignment will cause the pump shaft to wobble. If there are no bushing / dowel pins on both sides of the mounting bracket the mis-alignment could be quite severe.

  6. #6pepesm322022-06-06 00:45

    So, does one mount go on the bottom and the other on top? Or do both of them go together in between the chassis and base?

  7. #7alrman2022-06-06 07:29

    Welcome to HEF @pepesm32 The mounts you have pictured are for a 580L or 580M not 580SK as per thread title. However, the tall part with steel spacer, goes in under the carrier, the donut ring is fitted above the carrier.

  8. #8pepesm322022-06-06 08:35

    Thank you. I am installing on a 580 super L.

  9. #9NH575E2022-06-06 08:41

    I don't know anything about this machine but thought I would add a side note for anyone that is interested. McMaster Carr has mounts like this. If you have dimensions they might save you some coin. I recently bought and used some on my NH.

  10. #10joe--h2022-06-06 13:32

    Kinda late now, but you might want to plug those hydraulic lines before you fill them with dirt. Joe H