Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IS Waste motor oil ok for Cat D4H Dozer 1991

Thor · 2009-04-22 15:45

Hi does anyone or do you now of any that uses WMO in his Cat Dozer. I am planing to get used motoroil from a local oil service station. Filter it with a centerfuge that will clean down to 1/2 micron. Blend it 20% diesel / 80% WMO. Since I am in Iceland I will get a heater in the fuel tank, a heated hose from the tank to the engine and a heater around the diesel filters. Do you think this will work ? Kind Regards Thor

Replies2
  1. #1wrenchbender2009-04-22 16:06

    IMHO I think it'll be hard to start on cold mornings/days but should run fine once it warms up a little. I could be very wrong, and I'm really interested in what others have to say about this. And I'm sure you'll get lots of replys.

  2. #2joispoi2009-04-22 18:20

    Sæll Þor, This will work. You can play around with the diesel/wmo blend to get where the engine is happy. Kveðja- Jói