Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ISM Assesory Drive Seal

Old Doug ยท 2015-12-12 19:38

Is there much to replaceing this seal? Do i need any thing special tool wise?

Replies1
  1. #1Old Doug2015-12-14 19:57

    So some one else will know how. I replaced the seal today i had to remove fan bolts and lay fan out of the way so i could use a impact on the big bolt then i used a automotive style balancer puller to remove pulley. The seal had its own bolt flange holding it in. To install new seal it had a plastic sleave to guide it over the shaft that is pulled out after bolting it in place. The truck was in a building that wasnt heated at night so it was cold. I thought it mite help so i layed the pulley on the space heater till it was good and warm before i put it on. I tapped it on the shaft just enuff to use the bolt to draw it on the rest of the way. I find out how tight to make the bolt tomorrow. I think the next time i work on one of these i will order a manual.