Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ISO “615” Key for Komatsu PC60-7

Mark A Weiss · 2021-10-15 20:00

I've still got the fuel cap and the locks on the door and engine compartment that use the original 615 key. I replaced the ignition recently and that uses the new "787" key. However, I need backup spares for the other locks. I've searched on "Komatsu 615 key" but the results all show places selling 787 keys. Does anyone know who sells the 615?

Replies15
  1. #1Coaldust2021-10-15 21:52

    Mark, If you are unable to locate one closer to your AO, I have one on my Komatsu master key chain you can have. I can stick it in an envelope and mail it to you on Monday. Send me a PM with your addy. Can’t say that I’ve used it in the last 25 years.

  2. #2John C.2021-10-15 22:29

    The 787 key fits nearly all Komatsu ignitions and most doors. Each machine type does have a different number key that only fits that type of machine, but the dealers only want carry one key in stock.

  3. #3skyking12021-10-15 23:01

    I had a loose one on the kitchen table it's the 787. I will check my other rings.

  4. #4Mark A Weiss2021-10-18 14:16

    I have tried the 787 keys, but they don't fit the locks on the fuel tank, door or engine compartment. I suspect 787 is the US version and 615 is the Japanese version, as my machine appears to be grey market.

  5. #5Coaldust2021-10-18 16:12

    Mark, The key is in the Mail. Sled team to the saltwater, last steamer of the season to Seattle.

  6. #6Mark A Weiss2021-10-18 19:21

    Thanks so much! This is a great community. Glad to be a part of it! --Mark

  7. #7Mark A Weiss2021-10-25 13:46

    Key arrived and it works! Thank you!

  8. #8Nick Berardi2023-07-12 07:47

    Mark, any chance you can make a copy of that? My wife lost the key to our grey market PC40 MR-2 and I’m guessing that’s the key I need to, as the 787 is not working

  9. #9Mark A Weiss2023-07-12 12:59

    The reason I had to ask for one here is because the machines at Lowes and Home Depot don't have that key in their database, so I could not get copies made. I have no means to duplicate this type of key available, unfortunately.

  10. #10heymccall2023-07-12 13:21

    You can use an ILCO 1519 to duplicate the 787 Komatsu key. Not sure if the 615 is the same profile. I've cut over 150 of them.

  11. #11skyking12023-07-12 13:56

    I'm thinking you're right. McCall. The 787 goes in the hole. It just does not work the tumblers.

  12. #12Nick Berardi2023-07-16 17:44

    @Mark A Weiss if you are able to give it a try I can Venmo you some money even if it doesn’t work. Wife is looking for the key now that our big upick farm event is over, but the El Niño rain here in NY has me needing to put some new culverts in the sooner the better

  13. #13Mark A Weiss2023-08-12 21:21

    I don't have any resources nearby that can duplicate this key. I had to turn to this forum just to get one myself. The local shops can't duplicate "special" keys like this, not in their cutter database unfortunately.

  14. #144x4ford2023-08-13 10:49

    Need an old school manual key cutter that just copies what’s there as long as you have the right blank

  15. #15Welder Dave2023-08-14 00:24

    A locksmith shop should have a suitable key machine.