hi i have a 310A backhoe i had issues in past with and i got a leak ill fix in the summer but i wanna build or get ideas people have done that fit for my 310a bachoe i want to build a post hole digger to hook into the bucket or take the bucket off and have it on it anyone done this? any pictures or plans
I cobbled up a setup for my Ford 3500 that works decently. No pictures at the moment though. I found a gear box setup already fitted for a hydraulic motor and just made a frame to fit the bucket pins with a pivot for the gearbox - don't need anything fancy. Don't think it would be hard to setup a regular 3 point with a chain drive and hydraulic motor then fit some something to either bolt it to the bucket or the stick with bucket off. Basically just get some piece and start playing. Do you already have the hydraulics setup for a remote? That would probably be the most technical part if it's not already setup.
no i dont have anything yet.. it because i cant get i where the fence is with a 3 point hitch.. one side of the fence i have a ditch to the road runs parralle with the fence.. and other side i have a pond same width of property.. so thats where i wanna make something for the bachoe arm i can just backup and slide in there ... and no hydraulics but id plumb that in no biggy there id put the remotes inside the cab too i looked at the post plungers but no one sells reasonable price or rents one lol and pics be cool to see when you get a chance
Easiest usually is to take the bucket off, let the drive head free swing off the bucket pin, put quick disconnects on the bucket cylinder lines and use those lines and valve to control the auger rotation. Simple.
ya i u was thinking that take the hoe bucket off and make a fitting for it.. but i dont know of one.. seems all for skidsteers. i was looking at the princess auto website trying to see about making one... as i not sure where to get a decent post hole digger id build it.. since i found some over 2-4k but usa and was hoping to make it under a 1000 perferablly give or take right
and i sure i cant get the parts for under a grand but just trying
Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...ive-15-GPM-2-Hex-Omni-Gear-AD-2-/291595445243 And build a simple bracket like in these pictures:
oh ok ya that works .. and is that shaft a standard for augers... ya i can build a bracket in there and you just hook the bucket connectors up to the pump is all thats needed right and you hold it one way to turn one direction and the other way to turn the other direction
ya that link works just wish i could find a canadian since thats an american one but i could defently do that
Depends on how much you want to use it/how big of holes too. My setup is just for a few around the ranch projects, so it's not a big deal if it breaks or is slow and I'm only doing 18" IIRC. I made a frame that it pivots off of with a limit range of motion and then have that pined to the bucket linkage - not sure I'd want to have it just free swinging since then you have to always have the stick out or have some way of tying it up manually to move the tractor. Using my setup I can fold it most of the way up and move without much trouble without getting out of the seat. I'd find a cheap 3 point setup and use that - find a cheap hydraulic motor, build a bracket and some chain to hook it up to the old pto input and then just need to hang it off the stick. Should be under $1000 if you can used stuff. Mine I think was something like $150 for the auger head, 150(maybe) for the auger and some scrap steel for the brackets. More for the hydraulics, but shouldn't be too pricey. Having remotes on the tractor is also nice for other things - I use them for a hydraulic thumb as well which makes the rig very useful.
Neighbour has a setup similar to those pics on his older 580. Andrew
I can thoroughly recommend the products that these guys make. I've had one of their auger drive for 22 years and it is indestructible. They recently opened a factory in Dyersville Iowa, a very rare occurrence for an Aussie manufacturer these days. http://www.digga.com/index.html
ah ok.. and reason I wanted for the backhoe is .. I cant back the tractor up to these spots due to its only as wide really of the tractor or backhoe so I either be driving into a ditch or driving into a pond do that's why I wanted for boom in the the pics that just hangs so is that bad it hangs you said I need to use a stick what is that for? any other pics for a backhoe with a different bracket?
They generally just hang, that way gravity helps you keep the hole plumb. What jaluhn was talking about is some way to stop the auger from bangin about while travelling. Bit of rope comes in handy there, you can just wind it up, but to each his own.
Neighbour has it hanging same as those pics up above. Contractor hired him to drill some holes for pilings when they built my garage. He would drill down about 9-12" then stop. Contractor would hold a level up along the flighting and indicate which way the top of the drill needed to go to stay plumb. (Takes a pretty good operator to keep it exactly plumb when trying to push the drill into the ground.) Then drill another 12" or so, measure again. Andrew
Sounds time consuming. The outfit I mentioned above has this inclinometer as an accessory. Designed to be used for screw piling and probably out of reach for the average user, but it can be fitted to any auger drive. http://www.digga.com/diggalign.html