Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Issue repairing articulating connection on Michigan/Clark 55

joer00 ยท 2024-04-02 14:15

I am doing another big job on my Michigan/Clark 55 loader. From when I bought it the front and back part where moving up and down when driving due to totally worn out and broken parts of the articulating joints. I attach the diagram. At first I would like to understand where the load is handled. I assume this is only in part 24 and 56 ? Those are kind of spherical bearings with a ball hold by a top and bottom cone. So is all movement and load distributed in those ? Now the confusion starts with the bottom part. See attach diagram, the screw 59 is supposed to go into 58. 58 has a whole but no thread ! What is in the second attach picture preventing the top and bottom part from scratch on the middle part ? Part 58 has shims, so I guess this is so 31 to 53 fit exactly in the top and bottom part ? Especially on the bottom, what will hold the center piece into pace so it does not move up and down and scratches against top and bottom ? (pictures is not my machine, those are from the internet Thanks for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2024-04-02 16:17

    Is there a link to that parts breakdown online some where?

  2. #2Nige2024-04-02 16:50

    The thread for bolts 59 should be in the machine frame. Cap 58 is secured to the front frame by the bolts 59.

  3. #3joer002024-04-09 11:39

    Thanks @Nige . What happened is that the screws all broke of and everything was scratching against the frame so the holes where not visibile. I fully understand now how it gets to be build together. Needs some serious machining Thanks for all the help !