Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Issues tracking with my John Deere 690ELC

pcso112 ยท 2025-12-01 07:04

Hello, first post on this forum. I recently bought a John Deere 690ELC SN DW690EL545806 to use in my small gravel pit. The machine has 12k hours on it. I bought it from a friends of mines brother who used it to finish a project and then it sat for a year afterwards. The throttle computer had previously failed, and a manual throttle was installed. The hydraulic fluid was heavily contaminated with water and has since been flushed and hydraulic filters changed. All of the boom and swing functions seem to work properly and the engine runs strong. The problem I am trying to fix is with the tracking. The controls become jerky and will eventually stall the engine. It will do ok at a very slow crawl, but when you speed it up a little is where the problems start. The issue worsens as the hydraulic fluid heats up. I did a test that I have seen referenced where I lift the left side track and function the right side track to check for movement in the left side and vise versa. I have been told this is to check for possible problems in the track manifold. I did not observe any movement is the opposite side track while performing this test. Any help in pointing me in the right direction to hunt down my issued would be appreciated.

Replies0

No replies yet.