Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Idler grease cylinder removal

CANNONMAN1 ยท 2025-12-01 11:06

So, I removed idler wheel & bracket as grease is leaking out of tension cyl. on end closet to idler wheel. That slid right out. The cylinder & rod that pushes against idler bracket is still in machine. How does one get that out? There's nothing to grab on to! It seems to wiggle a bit. I don't think it's bolted to anything on the other end where grease nipple is. Hope pics show what I mean.

Replies8
  1. #1CANNONMAN12025-12-01 11:10
  2. #2CANNONMAN12025-12-01 11:16
  3. #3heymccall2025-12-01 11:58

    What machine are you working on? Some barrels float, and some have a bolt or two in the end of the barrel.

  4. #4CANNONMAN12025-12-01 12:57

    View attachment 352202 View attachment 352200 It's a Daewoo 175LC-V

  5. #5CANNONMAN12025-12-01 12:59

    I don't see any bolt heads on nipple end, nor anyway to get a wrench on any if there were any. Very small access hole to get to grease zerk.

  6. #6CANNONMAN12025-12-01 13:03

    Does that outer thin barrel stay in place and just the grease cyl. slide out. Maybe just full of dirt, rust, crud? Thought about welding a ring on end of ram & pull on that.

  7. #7heymccall2025-12-01 17:58
  8. #8CANNONMAN12025-12-01 20:38

    Thank you