Hello everyone, I'm in need of a solution with the engine isuzu 6hk1 mounted on a SANY Excavator SY365H. Done overhauling buh after starting there's zero psi reading on the oil temperature gauge. No oil coming to the gallery as well as the rocker arm or the main bearing at all.even went ahead to change the oil pump,. No blockade from the suction line to the oil and the oil bypass valve in the filter hub is in good condition. Thank y'all in ndvance..
You have a rag or plug stuck in suction pipe, or something going bad maybe in your gauge. Have you removed a large plug somewhere that is dumping oil back into pan. Maybe a relief valve stuck wide open in pump, or oil cooler or engine oil filter. Simon C
Thanks Simon C for seeing it Worthy to answer me and thanks a lot for your time. After I came across the problem I stated solving it base on elimination method, stated from the suction pipe, then to the oil pump up to the lube filter hub. I noticed that the oil is not even leaving the oil pan. I later construct a pump using electric motor and connected it to the OUT --> fitting of the filter hub and the other hose to the IN <-- fitting of the same filter hub. Only then did I get oil in all the engine even up to the rocker arms.. The suction pipe is good, new oil pump, and no blockade in the oil gallery at all, still return back the old oil pump still the same thing.the gauge is ok as well..
Is the oil pump the original or a replacement. Since the oil gallery works with a separate pump sending oil right to the rockers you have something else wrong. Could a shaft key be missing preventing the pump from turning. Have you made sure an o-ring on pipe for suction is not missing. Have you had a starter rebuilt wrong with opposite rotation of flywheel. I have seen before. Also if pump was changed could it be the wrong rotation? Watch the gear that turns the pump turning to see the direction, and put the pump pickup in some oil and turn the correct way for the pump engaged with the gear . If no oil comes out something is wrong. Need to try these things. Simon C
Hello Mr Simon C, how are you doing dear brother.sorry for not coming back earlier to drop ma closure on this particular topic I was so busy and overwhelmed by the day to day activities. After giving your suggestions some secondary thought I optioned to go back to the oil pump you suggested. Pull it out and alas I saw what I'm looking for. The both pumps(oil) are Identical but with a slight difference from the in the hight of the gears ⚙️⚙️ because it's a gear pump. I didn't bother to shift ma attention initially to the pump because I was thinking to myself it's a new pump so I quickly rule out the possibility of the pump being the main problem.. I will attach the picture below to serve as a reference and it will explain my predicament better. Thank you Mr Simon C.
That’ll do it.
Is the new oil pump the one on the left and was it even able to be bolted up flat to the block?