Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

It’s not much but…

simonsrplant ยท 2016-04-30 19:28

I thought I'd share a good week with the hallowed collective. I finally bought and picked a used ex main dealer service body for my (old)(03) F550. Most, probably wouldn't give it a second glance but it's the best I can do, it's bought and it's paid for. I'll upload a couple pics when I can.

Replies9
  1. #1CM19952016-04-30 19:34

    An '03 ain't old.:tong I'm running an '01 F250, 1999 4700 and several 2004 Cat's in my small fleet. It's all how you take care of them.

  2. #2mitch5042016-04-30 21:01

    Gee CM, it must be nice to have all that new equipment. I spent the week hopping from my '87 to my '92. At least this week I didn't need my 1970 Chevy C90. As an aside, the reason I had to hop back and forth is that I finally hired a man that I have been offering a job to for 10 yrs. I worked with him when I was just learning 30 yrs ago, and he is the best all around operator I ever worked with, but..... it turns out he can run everything he ever tried but a zero-turn mower. He bought one and a few minutes later broke his leg with it.

  3. #3movindirt2016-05-01 18:04

    "OLD" 2003? Don't have any vehicles newer than 1997 Daily driver is a 1993.

  4. #4Willie B2016-05-01 18:43

    You guys are lucky to live away from salt. Where I live, cars once had rust holes before a year old. A five year old car was once spent. Developments in rust proofing have turned it from 5 years to ten. Tractors, on the other hand last forever.

  5. #5movindirt2016-05-01 18:51

    We have plenty of salt in IL, they make this nifty stuff called spot putty

  6. #6Todd v.2016-05-01 18:52

    My workhorse is a 99 Dodge p/u with a cummins, daily driver is a 1985 Toyota pickup. Either way a 2003 Ford F550 is a damn fine truck! As long as the motor holds together.

  7. #7Willie B2016-05-01 19:45

    One of the Car & Driver type magazines a number of years ago did a show down between a new Ford super duty with Power Stroke, and a 1985 Toyota pickup. It was mostly about comedy, as they are so different one can't compare them. The last leg of the comparison was "Does it attract women?" The Ford: Yes! The Toyota: Yes........but not the kind you'd want.

  8. #8Todd v.2016-05-02 07:03

    Lol Ever seen the one, I think it was like 3 episodes, where they tried to kill a Toyota pickup? I think it was a show called overdirve? It took a licking when it was all said and done.

  9. #9Willie B2016-05-02 07:24

    I'd have said Top Gear, and yes I've seen it. My sons told me about it, and we once had on demand TV.