Hi All, I got a call about a Cat IT12B yesterday saying the transmission isn't working in second gear. I seem to recall those have an electric shift module on the steering column. Can someone look that up and possibly provide a schematic if that is correct? Thanks for any help you can provide. My email address is [email protected]
Apparently a 1KF S/No prefix. Need to know if the S/No is above or below 819 to determine which group it falls into. Electrical Schematics are different between them.
I don't have a serial number yet. The machine is in transit at the moment. I only have one photo from the client so far. I'm betting that is is higher that 819 though. Right or wrong it would let me know where to start when I get my hands on the little monster. Thanks for looking!
I had another look and it seems as though machines with Seiral Numbers 1KF1-819 are classed as an IT12B, 1KF820-Up are listed as being IT12F. I'll send you the Schematic for the IT12B. If you find that you need the other one shout out.
Thank you Nige! I'm sure the transmission part of the drawing is very close if not exactly the same. Now I have a little better idea of what to look for when I finally get my hands on the machine.
I finally got the IT12B today. The serial number is 1KF00510 which really doesn't matter now. The electrical control of the transmission was working perfectly. The second gear pack is slipping real bad and it's time for a rebuild or an exchange. The client has sourced a rebuilt exchange and is going to do the swap on their own. Thanks for all your help. I do have one question. Has anyone pulled one of these? I'm being told the rear axle and radiator guard can be removed to give clearance to clear the cab and not have to pull it.