Anyone have any experiences/opinions on the quality of aftermarket UC parts? I've only used ITM, and haven't put much time on the ones I have. The Chinese parts are almost half the price, but I still have apprehension about buying Chinese products. Any thoughts appreciated. GDW
If the Chinese steel is anything like their tires, don't walk but run the other way. That aprehension is there for a reason. I would only buy if nothing else was available.
GDW... What machine are you considering using it on and in what application? If you are in low impact, with low abrasion, not working in rock or at high speed it could be a good and cost-effective option.
ITM vs. Chinese UC parts Reply to Thread At present I'm doing a "semi-rebuild" on a Komatsu D20. Replacing sprockets, 4 rollers(at the corners), Pins&Bushings, Bolts etc. Chinese rollers = 75$ ITM rollers = 108$ + approx 80$ shpx The company I'm dealing with stocks the Chinese rollers, but they have to order the ITM's, hence the extra shpx. The machine is to be used to clear relatively small brush, on pasture land. In general, I don't like buying chinese stuff, but I do buy some of their tools etc. The quality of their products has improved drasticly over the last few years, but I don't really like sending my money to a communist country, so I ordered the ITM rollers. GDW