Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ITP Undercariage

Tim Modine · 2021-02-09 08:10

Have any of you used ITP for an undercarriage. I’m considering and looking for a user review. Would anyone know what brand or brands they sell they’re website is very limited. Thanks in advance. Tim

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632021-02-09 08:17

    Mainly the Korean brand (KMB? or something like that). They also supply Berco which is at a higher cost when available.

  2. #2terex herder2021-02-09 13:20

    ITP or ITR?

  3. #3Tim Modine2021-02-09 15:13

    Those KMB parts the same quality as ITR

  4. #4Tim Modine2021-02-09 15:13

    ITP

  5. #5Vetech632021-02-09 17:40

    I’ve used the Korean parts with no trouble so far.

  6. #6Tim Modine2021-02-09 19:42

    So the shop that’s doing my undercarriage said they’d be using ITR and saw my track group with ITP tags with no markings on chains that I could see. So I was just curious if ITP which I believe is just a distributor, sold ITR parts as well. Is ITR a Korean brand?

  7. #7Shimmy12021-02-09 19:54

    As far as I know, yes. I just installed ITR on my dozer, all tags said Made in Korea.

  8. #8treemuncher2021-02-09 20:22

    Running ITR JD450 size undercarriage on my main mulching machine with 24" wide pads. Not quite 1000 hrs on that set but they are wearing very well. Still well sealed and running at faster than dozer speeds most of the time. SALT track rails. 28,000 lb machine that runs a wide variety of terrains from swamps to steep gravel hills and crossing logs & stumps quite often. It's abusive work compared to dozer or excavator conditions but the ITR stuff is wearing well and it was cheaper than Berco. I just purchased another set in 30" wide pads to replace what came on my machine. The set that came with it looked like Berco numbers and while the rails are still very good, the seals are not and it has gotten snakey. I usually wear out my pads before my rails due to wearing against my lower track frames from uneven terrain. That set of 30" pads are due to be scrapped. Cheaper for me to just throw a new group on and get onto the next job. The stuff that HeavyQuip of Nashville sold me on my excavator was the worst undercarriage I ever had, Not sure what brand it is but they showed more wear in 2k hours than my original Komatsu stock undercarriage did in 6k hours. I think it was a Chinese undercarriage. It was not as good as the ITR is.

  9. #9Tim Modine2021-02-09 21:51

    2000 hrs is not good. I’ve got 8000 on my original Doosan undercarriage with no pin turn and just seeing signs of hair line cracks underside of bushing with excessive internal wear. Do you know if ITR manufactures for other distributors with a different name on components?

  10. #10treemuncher2021-02-09 23:40

    I don't know the answer to your question on the ITR stuff. I'm near 100% sure it was NOT an ITR system that went on my excavator. The ITR stuff on the mulcher is wearing extremely well, especially compared to the Berco rails I ran on a smaller mulcher that were always toast by 1k-1.2k hours. That smaller mulcher had no other choice than Berco and they would stick me for $4k for a pair of rails with bolts and no pads.