Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IUOE Local 158 Info

Midnightmoon ยท 2020-10-09 13:01

Probably going to move my tools to a new shop thats in local 158. The insurance and pension sound great. Anyone have experience with this union particularly with the pension. Im taking a pay cut but the ins and pension make up for it. So is a union shop the best shop?

Replies3
  1. #1Bls repair2020-10-09 18:03

    Are you joining the as an apprentice mechanic or a shop mechanic?

  2. #2Midnightmoon2020-10-11 07:30

    shop mechanic level 2. one year I'll be moved up to level 1 if I perform to the level I say I can which wont be an issue. Are you in this union?

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-10-11 09:15

    Welcome to HEF, Midnightmoon ! I know nothing about Local 158. I think you will find an interest thread to read here. A good man is being put through a terrible situation in a shop that I am guessing is non-union. His dismal ordeal starts at post #16 HeavyEquipmentForums