I recently picked up this 98' GMC W4500/Izusu NPR. It has the 4HE1 with a turbo. Got it for a sweet deal, planning on making a dump truck out of it. I think it already has a PTO hooked up based on the cable run to the cab. Looks like the service body had a crane on it at one time. I brought it home from an auction and when I got it home it wouldn't shut off. I suspect it's the fuel shut off solenoid but not 100% sure. I disconnected the batteries and it kept running. It runs so good it won't shut off! Anyone have any service manuals out there? Other than not shutting off, the only other thing that is an issue is the fuel gauge doesn't work. Probably a ground issue or something. I'm not super familiar with diesels and I was really looking for a gas truck as I have been wrenching on those my whole life but this is such a deal that I couldn't pass it up. I figure I might as well learn on a diesel that doesn't have any of that emissions crap on it. Truck only has 145k miles on it.
I'm not positive but I think there is a cable you pull to shut it off not a solenoid powered by the key.
Isuzu will give you access to their service site for $75 for a month. Its an easy site to navigate. Isuzu Truck Service Isuzu Truck Service www.isuzutruckservice.com Here are links to some manuals please verify they are correct for your truck. manual_de_servicio_isuzu_npr_nkr_nhr_4hf1_4he1_4hg1_4hg1-t.pdf drive.google.com NPD11-isuzu.pdf drive.google.com 16603f93-ad35-4a7a-ba9e-f8234e752809.pdf drive.google.com
Thank you for that info. I think the first manual you linked to covers the engine in my truck but it does say that it applies to models sold outside of the US and Canada. Most likely it will cover most of what I need. Appreciate you helping me out there! Can you download the service manuals to keep or is it a cloud base subscription service thing you have to pay to view the manuals?
The Isuzu site only lets you view the manuals but you can save screen shots of the pages you need.