2012 John Deere 35D mini ex, serial #1FF035DXJCG268570. Need to provide constant hydraulic flow to small brush mower attachment. Dealer says they can install electric over hydraulic switch to accomplish same at the valve body, would rather not go the dealer route if possible. Was hoping you guys could provide some aftermarket switch kit options that I could install myself. Having zero luck finding anything like that online. thanks.
Give one or both of these guys a call. http://www.hctkits.com/ http://www.hkx.com/
Many thanks. I wonder if I could simply wire in a switch to actuate the thumb solenoid. It currently operates the mower, but has to be held open?
If you're good working with small wiring you can rig up an on/off switch and connect it in parallel with the trigger switch on your handle -- I forget if those 35D handles separate easily to access the inside-- and then fabricate a small bracket on the handle to mount the switch to--- Or get a solenoid valve (from the places previously mentioned) that would tee into the pilot line (with a shuttle valve) that actuates the valve for the left side lines -- Then mount the switch for the solenoid valve whereever you choose --- Can't power the oem auxiliary solenoid directly with 12volts as they are proportional valves and get powered by a small controller inside of the handle.
Thanks for the detailed answer. I’ll check out my options. Appreciate the assistance.
Correct me if I’m wrong but arnt the switches inside the handle potted ? Would probably be easier to tap into it At the main connector for the joy stick harness. If you where going to go the diy route I would get old style headlight foot brights on switch and mount it to so you could activate it with your foot. It would be easy to hit it case you needed to Kill flow quickly and you wouldn’t have to reach elsewhere for a switch with your hands not on your controls. Just my opinion. you can also buy an aftermarket handle that you can make fit your stem and adapt it your wiring harness. I used the joystick handle from a 90xt case on project that I got on eBay for 50 bucks and mounted it to a bobcat control.
Thanks for the reply Tx. I ended up going the diy route. I opened up the stock joystick (switches are tiny, but not potted) soldered in, and installed a small exterior push on/off switch to the lower portion of the stick. A little difficult working on tiny components with big hands, but final results work fine.
Glad you got it. I like it when a good diy project works out as planned.