Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

J1708 ECM on J1939 truck

simonsrplant ยท 2025-03-21 20:13

Anyone know if it will talk? So my new cab is an 04 truck which is on a 1939 protocol. The C10 ECM was on a 1708 protocol. Anyone know of this is a problem I'm about to have to figure out or should it communicate?

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-03-21 21:25

    Can change it in ecm in configuration. It could possible be set for both aready.

  2. #2cfherrman2025-03-21 21:49

    I doubt it, I know on a n14 it will not work because they changed things. I do know the bit rate is different and the might matter

  3. #3Tyler d4c2025-03-21 21:54

    Put it this way on a 02 model c12 going from a 02 in to a 08 i was able to change it in configuration. And it worked youll also need to make sure the fan clutch is working as it should on that swap i had to moce the wire from pin 21 to pin 11 in im rememering right.

  4. #4simonsrplant2025-03-22 00:15

    Update It does communicate. The slumberger body wiring mods were pretty deeply integrated. Had to double check the J1 connector pin outs. Once corrected it worked.

  5. #5cfherrman2025-03-22 08:34

    Nice