Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Japanese Heavy Equipment

filpro3 ยท 2008-09-09 21:34

I've become a Japanese heavy equipment filter distributor for a manufacturer in Japan. I rather not say the name because I'm not trying to sell anything in this forum, what I'm using this forum for is to educate myself in this particular field. What we have is the complete line of filters for Komatsu, Kobelco, Hitachi, Kubota, yanmar, ect... The question is with everyones expertise what is the main items that you would use the most for for maintenance on the equipment? (Oil filters, coolant filters, air filters, tranny filters, fuel filters, hydraulic filters ect...) Most everyone seems to have different maintenance plans such as the manufacturer or the mechanic. Some change ac filters in there 380LC 8 times a month. Some may change air filters every week depending on the usage. Just trying to get an idea if anyone could answer that would be great. Thanks- filpro3

Replies2
  1. #1surfer-joe2008-09-09 23:16

    Engine oil and air filters are pretty common for Jap iron from American aftermarket filter distributors. Much more difficult to find are hydraulic, fuel, and transmission filters and seals. Not that these can not be purchased from dealers, but they are usually expensive in my experience. With the proliferation of Chinese and Korean equipment, there ought to be a good market for service items for them here in the states. Also German machines. I can remember searching for hours cross-referencing filters for Deutz and Mann engines, though it's not so bad as it used to be.

  2. #2filpro32008-09-10 08:27

    Thanks for the info. In my experience it seems the American filter distributors only have a little bit of coverage in Japanese equipment. Thanks again, Filpro3