Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pat Tillman Bridge in NV

tonka ยท 2008-09-08 18:13

Anyone working on this progect? the roadwork?

Replies9
  1. #1buddy6052008-09-08 18:23

    The concrete on that job must be massive. I was working with a guy up here just a few days ago who is a specialist in heat of hydration and he was telling me about this job. It sounded impressive.

  2. #2tonka2008-09-08 18:33

    Well they say there is concrete in the Hoover dam that is still wet as the day they poured it! Hope that bridge is cured good!

  3. #3EZ TRBO2008-09-08 19:39

    I know they started the project awhile back, have a pic somewhere of the crane that collapesed. There was a website that had a TON of photos of the project. What I don't remember was if it started out as the Pat Tillman bridge or has it later been renamed that? Trbo

  4. #4hoeman6002008-09-08 19:59

    as of conexpo this year most of the road work look mostly done

  5. #5bigcatpip2008-09-08 20:08

    Here is that web site about this project.. project.. http://www.hooverdambypass.org/Const_PhotoAlbum.htm

  6. #6Buckethead2008-09-08 21:21

    I am glad they named the bridge after Pat Tillman. He wanted to serve the country so much he gave up a football career to join the army, and was killed in action.

  7. #7tonka2008-09-08 21:32

    x2:usa

  8. #8surfer-joe2008-09-08 23:46

    Last time I was by there they were paving the approaches on the west side. One of the damaged cranes was parked up on the east side. It was a mobile crane I think, maybe a Linkbelt. The one on the west side I don't know where it went. Saw part of it on a trailer headed west, but I was going east. The contractor had a lot of problems on that project.

  9. #9Buckethead2008-09-09 16:15

    Fascinating project! I clicked on the link about the job, I like that cableway system they used.