Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JB weld stick epoxy for quick temporary repair

PeterG ยท 2018-11-23 13:25

I recently had a fuel leak in a hose fitting connector to the rear tank in an old truck. It was suggest to do a temporary repair with some stick epoxy. I used JB Water Weld epoxy which worked well. Now I'm wondering if I should keep some in all my work trucks. Usually if a hydraulic hose has a leak, or some other leak, I would remove the hose and go get another one made up. Anyone try stick epoxy to do repairs on air lines, fuel lines, and hydraulic lines? Not talking about a real repair, but just something that may be able to help move the machine back onto the trailer, off the street, or maybe even finish the days work.

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2018-11-23 13:56

    Air and fuel, yes. Good luck on the hydraulic lines. Don't forget electrical components that fall apart, that's the handiest place for JBweld.

  2. #2Jonas3022018-11-23 15:11

    By all means you should have some in the truck, hydraulic no hundreds of other possible uses though