Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 1400b

denver m farms ยท 2012-11-23 00:13

We are looking at a 1985 2wd 1400b and i would consider it to be decent to semi ruff, It would be a spare machine to have around home to do some water line and power ditches and move hay with. We have sevarel pieces of equipment but this one would not be used alot. The swing cylinders are damp and the backhoe has some slop but it is plenty good enough to dig a ditch.Have never had a jcb and they are not really liked around here but may be able to get a good deal on this one.So just wondering if any one has any good or bad expierence with this model and what you think it should cost, I can buy it for less than the cheapest one like it on machinery trader but just because they are on there does not mean they are selling.

Replies1
  1. #1robin yates uk2012-11-23 04:53

    hello, this model is known as a Sitemaster3CX in the UK, a workhorse without compare.I owned several as an owner driver and I think they are a superb machine