Well , I think I know the answer but I'm gonna ask anyway :beatsme I'm looking at a used 140 with no cab , does any one know of an after market or factory kit to enclose this cab. I can't find any thing on the net. :Banghead I don't mind that its a 2000 komatsu , I'm just spoiled to a cab. I really wanted a case 580 sm ( stated in a previous thread ) but couldn't get the price right so this was next on my list. Anyway ....cab ideas ...any one ??? :beatsme
Plexiglass, zip tye's and duct tape..
Lol ointhead . That's what I was afraid of. Won't be the first time either. Better than nothing. This Oklahoma wind gets cold :eek2. DK88 , I see your from Canada so you know nothing about that.:canada. Lol.
Just incase you haven't prices tractor cabs. A cheap cab is $4,000.00, and it's crap. A nice one is $6000.00 to $8,000.00. Plus probably not even available from aftermarket companies for commercial backhoes. Maybe the Case isn't priced so bad.
Maybe. :dizzy. The dealer just doesn't want to "deal " . I'm not crazy about paying full asking price on a used hoe.
Just keep looking and be patient. Your backhoe with cab will come along at the right price in a while. You'll kick yourself if you buy one without a cab. And if you don't want it, no one else will either and you'll loose your pants trying to get rid of it.
Thanks for the kind advice ! Patience is not a virtue of mine. :Banghead We found another 580 but , they sold it before we could get there. I may hold out a little longer just to see if we fall of the "cliff " but the chase is half the fun. I'm alittle OCD:crazy
I've been looking for a 580 sm also. I've had the same issues that you've had. First choice machine sold before I got there. Second choice machine we couldn't come to an agreement on price (it needed all new rubber). So, i'm still looking. Hopefully I'll come across one over the next few months. Good luck to you also. Happy hunting!!
Thanks ! U 2
here you go they gots all the parts Cook Equipment Phone: (269)673-5454 Fax: (269)686-0286