Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 1400B backhoe

Zach Walch ยท 2022-08-06 18:16

My late grandfather left me his JCB 1400B backhoe in 2019. Runs great! But, out of no where it will not go forward or reverse. I don't have a manual, only parts list. Checked the small spring behind the clutch pedal and it's brand new (grandpa wrote in parts book he recently replaced it about 7/8 years ago) fuses look good. Please help! Need it to run my upcoming seasonal business of deer processing (digging a hole for carcasses) as well as a couple hog jobs I have that need done BEFORE deer season starts!

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-08-06 22:49

    Welcome to HEF, Zack ! A serial number is needed to get accurate help.

  2. #2kkcomp2022-08-16 07:59

    Mine did that to me. Turned out that there are 2 relays up on the frame under where the foot pedals are. I had to pop them off and back on and it fixed it, at least for me