Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 John Deere 870 value?

Mule76 · 2022-08-06 10:21

There is a person in my town in Indiana that has a 1993 John Deere 870 that they are looking to sell. It has the backhoe and front end loader and has just over 200 hours. They are the original owners. I am new to backhoes and tractors and am looking for one for projects on my property. Does anyone have a ball park idea on what would be a reasonable selling price for this tractor? I am going to look at it tomorrow. Owner says is runs as it should and has no major issues. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1HarleyHappy2022-08-06 11:18

    Around here the smaller backhoes like that bring more money than same year full size as it can be towed by 1/2 ton or 3/4. It would sell for 17k all day long here especially if the backhoe is full frame which it is.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-08-06 14:38

    I ran two different ones similar to that one. Three point hitch mounted backhoes are miserable to operate. At least for me it was. I would class it as better than a shovel production wise. A person could get injured just getting on and off of it.

  3. #3NH575E2022-08-07 08:52

    Looks like 200 rough hours. Sure they haven't replaced the instrument panel and hour meter? JD panels aren't very reliable. That said a full functional tractor with those features will probably bring 12 to 15 grand.