Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 1400b how bad are they?

case310350 ยท 2006-05-23 22:32

looking for a backhoe, i have read the posts here about jcb, they leak, hard to work on, expensive parts, did I miss something? I asl because a local dealer has one for sale a 1400b that came from cp ward, (big contractor) says has new engine 200 hours and a new transmission, have not seen it yet but described as a very clean machine. So I don't get tempted tell me I should stay away.. I figure if it needed new engine and tranny they can't be very good. I am considering a ford 55b from the same dealer which looks rough, rusty and will be trying it out . wants 6k for the ford and about the same for the jcb whats the changes for a 555a to b?

Replies1
  1. #1itsgottobegreen2006-05-23 23:20

    I run JCB 1550 a lot. They are fairly easy to work on. Parts are cheaper than some brands. As for the leaking. YES!!!!!!!!! I got to dump a 5 gallon bucket of trans fluid in the one I run every 40 hours. Haven't gotten around to fixing the leaking seals on the trans.