I have 20" front tires/rims on the front of my '86 Cat 4WD. I need tires and 10.5x20" rubber is some expensive. Anybody out there converted one of these rigs to the more common 18" rims and (much less expensive)12.5x18 or 12.5/80x18 rubber? I have 19.5x24 rears and the 12.5x18 fronts should keep the same gear ratios as the 10.5's. Thanks. Wayne
Milton Cat, the dealer in my part of the world, hasn't been able to locate any used 18" Cat 8-bolt front wheels for my machine, so I thought I'd see if any of you out there have a favorite place to go used TLB parts shopping. There are Case wheels available around here -- usually 16inch -- but I'm not yet at the point where I want to see if a Case wheel will fit the Cat and clear the steering. The Cat wheels have what appears to be a 10 1/2" bolt circle and a 8 3/4" center hole. I'd appreciate any help or info I can get.
Try nash equipment in colebrook. They have (if you dont already know) acers upon acers of used equipment and parts machines. That I am sure you could find something. Or at least a cool place to go check out. There website is www.nashequipment.com
Wheels for a 416 PSDF350 - Thanks for the tip. I haven't been to Colebrook since the last trip I made on the Hardley to get the bike blessed, 7 or 8 years ago. Looks like a good excuse for a road trip. Wayne
If you need an excuse:yup I would call though just to see what they have. Which they probably do. I have never seen so much irion in one place. Actually 2 becuase they dont have enough room by shop so you need to drive a few more mile up road to there real yard is. Still make good road trip just for the look see.
18" Wheels Done. Found a nearly new Cat 9x18 front wheel on eBay for $24.99 + shipping. It fit the front hub and misses the steering knuckle by a bunch. Then bought a new one to match. I've covered the cost of both wheels by the lower cost of the popular 12.5/80-18s over the stock 10.5x20s. It's good to win one once in awhile!