Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1400B Leaking extra dig cyl.

MACJUNKYARD ยท 2013-10-22 17:08

How can I get at the cylinder to replace packing?? I've rebuilt the others over the years but I need help with this one--Tom

Replies2
  1. #1GregD12013-10-26 21:56

    You will see another pin through the stick I think between the bucket and linkage pin. It needs to be out far enough to clear the main arm. Roll the bucket all the way under the arm. With the bucket safely on the ground. SAFELY remove and cap and plug all the hoses for bucket and extra dig cylinders. Remove the pin and again, SAFELY raise the boom. Balance point is just about the bucket pin if I remember correctly. With your choice of lift and holding method, forklift, service truck crane, remove the extenda hoe inner and set it on the ground, it should balance on the bucket, block it up for safety. Block up the boom and there is your cylinder.

  2. #2MACJUNKYARD2013-10-27 13:13

    Hi-Thanks a whole bunch-There's not much info available on these tractors-I've ordered the parts from JP INTERNATIONAL IN LA.(excellent source for JCB parts) I love this tractor--TOM