Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 vs 580b what is the difference?

chase546 ยท 2013-10-22 18:40

I was looking at trading for a case 530 for my first backhoe. I was talked into getting a Case 580 instead. I have heard the 580 run and the 530 did not. I know both need a considerable amount of work. My question is this, all of the part I find for the 580 list the as 580b or newer, are the parts for the 580b the same as the 580? I have all the manuals for the 530 but nothing for the 580. Did I make a mistake on getting the 580 instead of the 530? Thanks, Chuck

Replies1
  1. #1mitch5042013-10-22 22:00

    I would say the 580 is definitely a better bet than the 530, and parts that list for a 580b won't work on a 580 as they are different tractors. There are a few parts in common, but most are not.