Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1400B Water Pump Question

pyro-1955 ยท 2014-10-08 19:22

Ok, I know this is a dumb question, that said, I just recieved the replacement water pump for my 1400B, Everything looks good, except... My old pump has a bolt on front cover, the new one appears to have a pressed in cover??? There are no bolt holes on the new one for a cover. I just do not want to take the old one off just to find out it is the wrong pump. I am sure someone here has replaced one like this, please confirm for me. Thanks! Pyro

Replies4
  1. #1GregsHD2014-10-09 13:04

    I'm not sure what "cover" you are talking about. Your water pump should look like this?

  2. #2pyro-19552014-10-09 16:47

    Nope, nothing like that, mine is gear driven, and is off to the left side of the engine. New one looks like this, the old one has a bolted on cover, this one appears to no longer have bolted on cover, rather pressed in cover?

  3. #3GregsHD2014-10-09 18:03

    Oh I see, i'm rebuilding the engine (Perkins 4-236) in a 1400B right now for a customer and it has the belt driven pump, that's why I was confused ha ha! Probably cheaper to have a pressed in cover then the bolt on, I can't see there being a problem with it if everything else looks the same, give it a whirl!

  4. #4lantraxco2014-10-09 18:48

    Throwaway, but then they usually are anyway, so why not?