Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1400B wiring question

popps ยท 2020-12-08 00:38

Was wondering if anyone knows what the voltage stabilizer looks like. Is this built in the alternator? or a seperate component. I have 3 or 4 terminals coming from my alternator, so maybe looking there or is this in the dash? I'll have to check voltages coming from the alternator when I get a chance. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-12-08 08:34

    The voltage stabilizer (regulator) is inside the alternator, If it is an OEM or identical substitute for the OEM alternator.

  2. #2popps2020-12-11 06:22

    Thanks I wasn't sure. Language is funny from the brits, but im sure they think the same of us.

  3. #3hookedondiesel2020-12-20 13:27

    Putting a voltmeter on the " battery post's " should give you a good indication of the output of the alt. Should be in the area of 14.5 volt's dc.

  4. #4edgephoto2020-12-21 00:28

    13.8-14.5 volts is normal for alternator output. Turn all the electrical accessories on while you do it. This will help see if it is doing it's job.