Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1550-B weak stabilizer (on lift)

Coytee ยท 2020-09-20 20:54

Been putting new gaskets/seals in my backhoe valve assembly for the hoe. Can't tell you how many up/down's I've had to get in seat and then crawl back under. None the less... I decided to do the stabilizers last. ALL of the valves on everything else LOOKED 100% perfectly fine and these work fine. I went to test the hoe to make sure (and enjoy) that it didn't drift anymore and it doesn't. While hoisting the rear of the machine up, I noticed that one stabilizer just popped right up and the other struggled. Tried it again and that does seem to be the case. I was at idle so was thinking I just needed more RPM.....but then, why did the other one hoist so easily/quickly?? I've not yet taken any of the valve assembly apart..... would it be possible that the valve system is the issue?? I've got the parts, but was going to let those be considered "done" since all the other valves were in great shape. It will be 2-3 weeks before I have opportunity to dig into anything.

Replies3
  1. #1Power Tan2020-10-23 22:52

    Try swapping the hoses on the cylinder from side to side. I had the same problem and found the hose was coming apart inside and had a flapper that caused the speed to be cut in half..........

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-10-24 08:31

    Is it slow to go down also ? When did this problem start ? It could be the piston seals are leaking.

  3. #3Coytee2020-10-26 19:07

    Just noticed. Been out of commission for about five months. Raises fine.. one of them pushes "right now" and other seemed weak to point where I lifted machine with hoe to finish lifting it. Hoses are new about a year ago