I have 2 foot pedals that I have no idea what they do. They don't seem to do anything. They are the ones that the 2 arrows in the picture are pointing to. I have asked a couple people and no one knew for sure gave me a couple of possibilities but none of them were it. I figure I can save face by asking a stupid question here and get a correct answer. Thanks guys.
Dunno about JCB, but on other machines, the one on the right would be an accelerator pedal which only works if you have the hand throttle set lower than the pedal position, and the one on the left would be a transmission disconnect or clutch which you would push so you could throttle up when lifting the bucket or such like. From the looks of the brake pedals the linkage may have rusted off?
Check out this link..... http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=crawlers&th=63483 It seems the one on the left is to disengage the shuttle shift, something like a clutch but your machine has a torque converter. As stated, the one on the left should be for the fuel pedal. just follow the linkage, it probably goes to the injection pump.
Ha Ha, the arrow on the right I have pointing at the gas pedal, sorry about that! I will check the linkage on the left pedal but nothing is that rusty underneath but its defiantly not working as a clutch. I don't travel the machine much just plow snow and run around in 2nd gear and push and load materials in 1st gear don't shift on the fly much but should probably get that fixed. TX
I ran a 1550 many years ago when it was new or almost new anyway and I liked it.I think the pedal on the left is called an "inching" pedal but the description of what it is supposed to do is right on.Ron G
the right is the throttle the left is a dump switch for the transmission to change gear
Ya, that makes sense, the newer ones like mine have a "button" on the shifter and loader lever to do that, you can rev up the engine so the loader will lift faster when its engaged.