Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 190T Hydraulic Issue

Darcpet ยท 2013-07-20 16:14

I recently installed a rebuilt right side drive motor but I am having hydraulic issues that are puzzling. When I first put the drive motor on it tested fine in both forward and reverse. I ran it a good deal in both directions and it seemed to work fine. Installed the track and proceeded to attempt to work the air out of the lift arm. I was not having any luck so I thought I would drive the machine outside and continue to work the air out of the system. The machine drove out side fine and I backed into a nice spot, but when I decided to move it ahead a few more feet the machine decided it was going to continue going forward and not stop. I have the machine up on blocks now and am puzzled as to why the hydraulics are behaving so oddly. When I first start the machine (after it has been sitting for a while) the drive motors will work in the reverse direction but not in the forward direction, but after the machine has been running for a while the drives start to move forward and accelerate until moving at full speed. The drives at this point will no longer operate in the reverse. At best they will slow down or stop when they are moving slowly but after the drives reach full speed they will not respond reversing the control. I have never been able to get the lift arm function working either. Anybody have any ideas? If it was just one drive acting this way I would think it was the drive I installed, but with both drives acting exactly the same I am puzzled. I should note that the machine has pilot style controls. Left hand works the drives; right hand operated lift arm and bucket. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies11
  1. #1mikebramel2013-07-20 16:59

    You answered the problem in the last paragraph. A problem with the pilot controls

  2. #2Construct'O2013-07-20 17:57

    My thoughts are air in the hydraulic system still.Did you check oil again after you got the machine to moveing,takes some oil to fill everything back through the system after you filled it the first time,needed to be checked again. Good luck

  3. #3Darcpet2013-07-20 18:26

    Is there a way to test the plot controls? I was thinking of disconnecting and capping all the lines that lead to the drive control. Does that make sense? If all the lines are dead ended then the drives should not move if the controls are the issue. Thanks for your help.

  4. #4Darcpet2013-07-20 18:29

    Yes I have topped up the tank a few times. Any tricks to getting the air out of the system? Thanks for your time and help. It is appreciated.

  5. #5mikebramel2013-07-20 19:28

    That is a good idea. Try it out

  6. #6Darcpet2013-07-26 19:45

    I pulled the pilot controls apart and found a sticking valve. Cleaned it up and that cured my drive issue. Thanks again. But I am still having trouble with the lift and tilt functions. It worked once for a few seconds and them nothing again. Pulled apart that pilot control as well but everything checked out okay. Seem to be getting pressure from the controls but not at the lift and tilt cylinders. If it was just one function acting this way I would consider it being a sticking valve in the block but being as there are two functions behaving this way I thinking the probability is low of the problem being in the block. I noticed three electric solenoids on the hydraulic lines; all seem to energize and magnetize when the seat bar is lowered or the corresponding function is turned on. I was wondering about possible low hydraulic pressure but ruled it out seeing as the drive motor seem to function well. If I rev up the machine it will fly around the yard. Anybody have any ideas on what to try next.

  7. #7mikebramel2013-07-27 00:41

    You will need to T a gauge going into after your pilot controls and before your valve on one of the pilot lines. It should read 250-300 loaded, shifting the spool

  8. #8Darcpet2013-08-01 13:49

    I plan on giving this a try when I get a chance; a bit busy right know. What does it indicate if the pressure is not high enough? Pump issues if low pressure before the controls? Control issues after the controls? Is my thinking sound or am I missing something? Any other parts that can be issues? Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

  9. #9mikebramel2013-08-02 17:23

    Yes, you will be able to see how the pressure reacts

  10. #102low4nh2020-12-06 19:57

    I know this is wicked old but I have a 2006 t1110hf that just lost forward drive today. I was moving snow hit some soft ground. Stalled the machine. When I started it back up I had no forward drive. I can back up and turn left to right but nothing forward. Any idea where to start? I checked all fuses and relays

  11. #11skata2020-12-06 21:45

    I'd be looking at your controls. Or control valves. Do you have manual or servo controls?