Hi all. This post could be in a number of categories but I'll start in this one as description wise it fits. I have just purchased a JCB 1CX which is a bit like a 2800kg or 6200lb skidsteer with a backhoe integrated on the rear. The picture makes this a bit clearer. This pic is not mine, I haven't got around to that yet, but it's similar except mine has a 4 in 1 loader bucket. I was looking, prior to this purchase, for the mythical machine that could load like a skidsteer and excavate like a mini ex as well as being small and nimble enough to work in confined areas. You know, do everything perfectly without much compromise When I came across the 1CX it seemed like the best manifestation of my thoughts so I then had to find one for a reasonable price secondhand. After trawling through all the media in Australia, mainly web based I found a few which although were in good condition were out of my price range. However I found one through eBay through searching via google and although its listing had expired the owner still had it for sale. Anyway to shorten the story I bought it, trucked it home and am in the process of minor repairs and preventative maintenance. So I still haven't used the 1CX productively yet and haven't spoken to anyone who has owned and used this machine. I hope in the future to give my own report on how it goes but in the meantime if anyone has used or owned a 1CX let me know how it worked for you in your business and any other tips about it. Thanks and regards AusDave
My local roads agency had one working on demolishing some of the highways near me, and seemed as though it worked quite well, altough it was not working on its own. It seems to have good backhoe power, and some really nimble moves to its name. Good luck with your little baby though. Wish i could have one!
Aus Dave, I removed the other thread, since duplicate threads usually just result in confusion. This one got the first replies, and besides, it has the picture.
I had looked at this machine when I was shopping, but it didn't have enough lift capacity to suit my needs. I have a friend with an excavating business that swears by JCB backhoes, he's had several of them.
My JCB 1CX pic Hi all. Here's a quick pic of my 1CX. As well as the 4 in 1 loader bucket it came with 3 original JCB backhoe buckets, some with plenty of paint inside and as new teeth, so they haven't been used much. Just doing some preventative maintenance before putting it to work. Also have a GB rock breaker which will fit on the already plumbed hoe end for small concrete demo jobs. Regards Dave
She's a real beaut'! Pressuming you have given her a few hours of your own, what is she like to operate? And we will definately need to know what you do with her, with some pics as you pick up the jobs
1cx the 1cx for me was a great machine,i had to sell it last month because of relocating to canada. . .the earthquake here in 1999. . Caused damage to the colums of condos ,i found out that it was a small ,powerfull skidsteer hoe that could do the job .i think in the states and in canada its the 208s. . .anyways i passed by jcb to check the 2008 model. . . .and words cant desribe how much they put into it thus making it one of the most expensive skidsteer out there. . .and if you ask me worth every penny.
a 1cx is an excellent wee machine! I think all JCB backhoes are the best on the market
great little machine.we hired a guy a few times in his to do jobs inside a factory.had a little hammer then took the stuff out with the front bucket.also his was fitted with a cab.has a brush and fork toes for the front
thats a pretty sweet little machine!
JCB makes some really nice machines. Mine 3D is great, and fairly easy to repair. Getting parts can be more tricky however. Do you find that there is good parts availability and know how for your machine?
Love the machine, but if they are so great why aren't more people using them, i know the cost is pretty up there, but they seem to do everything that 2 machines would do, I'd love to hear more from guys who are running them. Also Dave how much did you pick that up for and was it from an Auction?
price wise,well my 1cx was 95 model,opened cab.4 in one bucket and plumbed or piped for external hammer .i sold it for around Live rates at 2008.12.07 10:43:44 UTC 16,500.00 EUR = 20,921.70 USD as for parts?interpart is a company that make replacment parts for jcb. . in europe you can almost find jcb parts at your local hardware store. as for Canada or The States i cant say . . . but after i find a small dump,id like to make the 1cx or the 208S my first purchas abroad.
So Kosta's, was the machine good, Over here in aus they are pretty expensive, and not far from being able to buy both a bobcat and a mini excavator. So any pro's and con's with the 1Cx, how do they go working on slopes also? Cheers
Jcb 1cx Apologies for the delay in responding to your queries z_halen, up until yesterday I hadn't used the machine enough to make any comment. I just did a job yesterday which gave me some idea of how the 1CX performs. The picture in this post shows me positioning myself to dig a 30m (33yds) trench 600mm (2ft) deep in heavy clay. Unfortunately the trench was the only thing I had to do on this job but it gave me a good idea of how the hoe worked. Once I got used to the two lever cross pattern control sticks the hoe worked well, digging quite easily and fast with the engine running at quarter throttle. The main problem I had was the 9 inch bucket I was using, plugged up with clay in some of the moister places on the trench and needed a lot of shaking and even a shovel at times to clean it out. One of the cool things about the 1CX is the fact that when using the backhoe you can still drive and reposition the machine without turning around to the normal driving position. All you do is press a button on the steering joystick and you have control of driving the machine and the front bucket. The only thing you have to get used to is the steering/drive joystick works in reverse when you are facing backwards. But thats not hard to get used to. I did some maintenance work on the 1CX as the previous owner had let the maintenance slip. Main things I did were to replace the timing belt, cleaned up and painted some minor rust on the engine cover, checked valve clearances on the motor, new air cleaner elements, replaced some coolant hoses, repaired the travel latch for the hoe, pressure washed the dirty bits, changed fluids and gave it a grease. The motor in my 1995 1CX is a 50hp Peugeot 4 cylinder XUD overhead cam diesel while many other 1CX's had Perkins motors. I was a bit dubious about having what seemed to be a car engine in a piece of earthmoving equipment but after talking to a few people and looking around on the Internet I found that this particular diesel is probably the most popular diesel engine ever built with millions in Peugeot, Citroen and some other cars and a good reputation for reliability and performance. It is detuned about 25% horsepower wise from the car engines, so it is running unstressed even when working hard. For this engine parts are readily available from Peugeot parts dealers as well as JCB, so you can shop around for prices and mechanics knowledge. The air cleaner elements came from a filter specialist by next day post at a reasonable price. I bought the 1CX after finding it on eBay via google after the auction had finished. It hadn't sold and the owner wasn't too fussed about selling it, but I made an offer of $25,000 Aussie dollars and they accepted. Similar secondhand machines at machinery dealers are going for $35,000 and up, with one secondhand late model low hour machine on the market for $79,000!! So far it seems a good deal as these are not cheap machines. Mine has done about 2500 hours, but judging by the lack of wear in the pins and bushes of the front bucket and backhoe assembly and the performance of the motor, it would seem like a lot of those hours were just idling about. It also has a 4 in 1 bucket and is piped for a hammer, auger etc on the hoe. Drive motors are Danfoss and are mounted outside the chaincase under a guard/housing for easy access. Main and auxillary pump is under the cabin floor with the usual web of hydraulic lines wires and solenoid controls like many hydrostatic skidsteers, and is no doubt extremely expensive to repair if it failed. So I'll be looking after it with top quality lubricants and maintenance and not drive it like an idiot. I don't know why they aren't more popular. It may be price and I agree you could probably get a skidsteer and compact excavator for not much more $$ than a new 1CX. However the hidden costs for a skid/mini-ex combo are matters such as a bigger transport solution, more parts and maintenance issues and the fact that in some cases the 1CX probably does a better job than either a conventional skidsteer or a compact excavator. No need for dumb weights on the rear as the backhoe already provides the weight, stability and a useful implement. As soon as I saw one on the Internet I felt it was the right machine for my needs and tried to find one I could afford. I've picked up maintenance and user manuals from the Internet too so I could do most of the work on it myself. I still haven't met anyone who has used these machines extensively which is why I posted this thread on the forum to find out more just like you have z. So far I'm pretty happy with the machine in the way it performs and the way it is built. It seems to be well engineered to last and the design hasn't changed much at all over the past 10-20 years so it must have been a good, effective design in the first place and there seems to be nothing out there that has the same combination of size and equipment which can all be operated from a raised central position with great visibility all round. One last thing, which I really get after reading this HE Forum over the past months, it's a great boys toy , and every man needs such a thing! I have friends that look at it and drool, wishing that they could have small piece of earthmoving equipment for themselves. I'm able to justify it but they can't, or at least can't convince their wives/girlfriends, they need it. I'm pretty happy as I have quite a few toys which are all part of my business activities:woohoo Have fun, regards Dave
Hey dave, you got an absolute steal, getting that machine for that price, i'd lock you up myself i'm that jealous, Stoked to hear that the machine is turning out really good for you and hope it lasts for plenty more hours to come. Keep the photo's and info coming and i'll be interested to know what it's like with an auger if you eventually get one. Oh yeah, boys toy i reckon, but as they say, "He who dies with the most toys Wins!!" Cheers Mate
Hi z. I hope you are right about my machine, it certainly seems to be a good one at the right price. I just wish I had more time to use it. I run a number of businesses and they're all pretty busy this time of the year. Are you looking for a JCB 1CX for yourself? How much would you be prepared to pay? Not that I'm selling mine, but I did come across a few others when I was looking. They were a bit dearer though some had less hours. Do you have some equipment yourself and if so what? Also where in Australia are you located? I'm on the NSW South Coast about 2.5 hours south of Sydney. Apologies for the questions, I'm the curious type You can send me a personal message if you don't want to post. Have fun, Dave
No drama's with the questions mate, i'm on the other side of Sydney on the mid north coast and it's more pipe dreams at the moment, as the mortgage has me by the balls. I'm working offshore at the moment and i haven't got any machinery at home but the plan is in the next couple of years when the building game eventually starts up again i'd like to get one. Just trying to do my home work and be on the lookout for a machine for the right price. It's invaluable to have guys like yourself give there experiances with particular machines, i got a job driving an excavator a few months ago and asked some guys on this forum the do's and don'ts about loading trucks. You should have seen the response i got, it was brilliant and helped me not look like an idiot on my first day on the job. Although after a few weeks i got to meet the owner of the company and he is a real wanker so i just walked off. Didn't want to make him any richer than he already was. Anyways thats another story. Cheers mate, and keep diggin
So Aus Dave So Dave, I take it by the lack of posts that you've been real busy and have been getting the most out of your machine. Although it has been the festive season and all, but i'm really keen to hear how it's all going mate. Hopefully you're killing it and have been really busy starting to make some money back towards your purchase. When or if you do get another spare moment could you tell us how it's going please mate. Or any others who have one of these great little machines. Don't be shy tell us about it Thanks again
Hi z_halen and all. Yes I have been very busy, but not exactly killing it and making pots of money... yet I have a 3 other businesses I also run which are very busy over summer which has hindered my machinery action. What I intend using the JCB 1CX for is a fourth business! Not enough hours in the day, weeks in the year etc. I've done a bit of backhoe work trenching for electrical cable where the 1CX did a great job. Had to work quite close to a house where the side shift capability of the hoe came in really handy. I have also given the machine a partial re-spray as the bonnet had a bit of unsightly rust as well as a few other places. I did some preventative maintenance as well replacing filters, oils, coolant, some radiator hoses, camshaft/timing belt on the motor and a few other things. I don't want any breakdowns on the job if I can avoid it. So far it's been relatively easy to work on apart from the fact that when I was doing the motor work I had the bucket supported in the raised position with the tiger teeth facing down. Took a few chunks out of my scalp walking around that without ducking:duh Part of the work I intend to do with the JCB 1CX is small scale demolition and crushing concrete and building waste. I have a hydraulic breaker/hammer to use on the hoe and I'm putting together a Jaw crusher of my own design to crush concrete and building waste so it can be recycled as roadbase or compactable fill etc. With the cost of waste disposal rising I hope to target small domestic and industrial jobs where the old slabs, paths, walls etc need demolishing and removal. The crushed material can be recycled on site or I can remove it in my small tipper to other clients who need roadbase or fill. The picture below is where I am up to with the crusher at present. I still need to install the crusher lubrication system, belt clutch system, guards, feed hopper/chute system and output chute. The reason I'm building my own crusher is because the cost of a mini crusher is way too high for me to afford. Through judicious Internet searching and talking to Indians who speak english, I found a suitable jaw crusher of a size, (12" x 9"), and weight I could manage, at an affordable price in India. I imported it over to Australia as an LCL shipment which was relatively inexpensive and picked it up from Sydney in my truck along with wind turbines my mate had also imported from India. I then found a new 2 cylinder, 20hp, V Twin, chinese diesel engine on the Internet and have set it up to drive the crusher. The crusher weighed about 1,600kg, (3500lb), and with the engine and frame should be around 1800kg, (4000lb). I wanted to keep it under 2 tonne so it was relatively easy to transport and access in tight spaces. I just wish I had more time to get this finished quicker as I have a couple of tonnes of concrete waste in my backyard to run through the crusher to test it out. There are no guarantees that this whole project will be outrageously successful and profitable but who knows. Part of the thrill of any project that you haven't seen anyone else do, is not knowing how well the whole thing will work. It's certainly interesting and I'll probably create a thread to explain how and what I have done... once I have it working. I do have one potential customer who claims to have 500 tonnes of concrete waste to crush and use on the roads on his property. That will be a test!!:OMG I'd also like to hear from any other JCB 1CX users out there. Anyway I'll keep you posted as all the above progresses. Have fun, Dave
Holy shi.t dave - You're excused, 4 businesses can't believe that you still have the time to type. That crusher plant sounds great, I'm sure it will be a goer. Must have been a big effort to import it etc. Good luck with it all mate
Ive operated a few after making repairs on them as I used to work in a JCB dealership. They seem quite good for a small unit and there are ALOT of attachments available for it. To all the JCB fans out here. Yes JCB has some real innovative ideas, but be forewarned the equipment they mfg now is not what it used to be. Especially the equipment MFG here in Georgia. Poor, poor (did i say poor) assembly. You can tell it is cheap unskilled labor putting these units together if you ever depaneled or crawled under a brand new one to do a predelivery inspection. Hand tight axle bolts, pinchedAC lines, pinched hydro lines, missing hardware MRV's not adjusted to specs i could go on and on. I used to put a minimum of 1 day into a PDI as I was finding so much wrong but be aware JCB doesnt reimburse the dealerships for all the time invested in PDI"S only a few hours so there are alot of technicians do shoddy inspections in order to still break even. There was even one of the articulating loader they came out with to replace the 407 does not came with a saftey strut! When we contacted JCB engineers they assured us we could trust the hydraulic system to hold and there was no strut available!
Hello, my name is Dario and i am a new user to this forum . I am trying to get onto it in the hope that someone will throw a rope at me for some work.. it has been a month since my permanent settlement in Australia and i am yet to find a job !!! with 15yrs of working in with tractors, loaders and backhoes as a heavy duty diesel mechanic, i was hoping that they 'will grab me the minute i landed but to now avail so if you do know of any opp. particularly in Melbourne Australia!!! give me a shout and i will follow up...THAMKS AGAIN ,
Welcome to the forum dario, but please don't hijack any threads. It's so not cool. Once you have three posts under your name, you become a full member, and can then start your own threads.
Ausdave Hi Aus Dave just a short note to your post regarding the JCB 1 CX am looking also to get one of those machines to perhaps upgrade from a Clark Bobcat. Question is can they work in tight places and tight acess EG through garages and carports? In Australia as you know its 2 metres high for rolla doors, can the rops canopy be detached or shortened to 1950mm?? also how are they in terms of stability on inclines working carting material and digging? Sorry for all the questions but am curious. Also on your post you mentioned that you got your machine on ebay was that in Australia? Or did you import it here from another location? Looking forward to your response. Cheers from a little further South. P.S you can email me direct also. regards Steve
Hi AusDave. You seem like a busy guy. But if you have the time and interest, I´d love it if you start a thread with more detail about that mini crusher you´ve set up. Cheers. -Joi :drinkup
Jcb 1cx Hi Steve. After I read your post I went out with the tape measure to see exactly how high the machine was. It's just under 2.3m as per the JCB 1CX brochure so it's not going to fit under a 2m carport etc. I've used it under a number of carports which were mainly around 2.4m, similar to ceiling height. 2m seems awfully low. You'd hit your head if you were on the tall side or wearing a tall hard hat. The ROPS canopy can be detached with a few large bolts but there is also the wiring for the front and rear worklights which runs through inside the canopy supports which you would have to disconnect. It would be a real pain to have to detach and then fit again. And you wouldn't have any ROPS protection either which may be a serious workplace safety issue on a lot of jobs or if anything went wrong or a branch dropped on you etc. Also I wouldn't consider cutting it shorter as it would probably bugger it. If you did have to get into a backyard and the carport was too low, depending on the job you may be able to remove a section of fence if the neighbour was amenable and go through that. Easier than fiddling with ROPS removal. If it was a good paying job you may be able to get the machine lifted in by crane over the buildings. Once you are in they are like any skid steer, you can spin it in its own length and maneuver it easily even using the hoe to get the back around if necessary in a tight spot. The backhoe has side shift so you can dig up close and parallel to walls and fences easily. I haven't been on a lot of steep inclines with it but from what I have done it seems pretty stable with a low centre of gravity. If you keep your bucket low and watch out for holes or soft ground on the bottom side you should be right. You may run out of balls before the machine gets tippy. Good reason for keeping the ROPS well attached and seatbelt on. Yeah I found the JCB 1CX on ebay in Australia but I didn't get it by bidding for it. I was googling about for a 1CX and came across it on ebay as an item which hadn't sold, so I rang the owner negotiated a bit and ended up buying it. It seems like I got a good deal as it hadn't done a lot of hard work and just needed a bit of maintenance to get it in the condition I wanted it for working. Got 3 backhoe buckets with it as well. There are still a few 1CX's out there on sale but a bit dearer than mine. Let me know if I can help you further or if you find a 1CX for yourself. Regards Dave (ph 0411 572 725)
Mini crusher Hi Joispoi. I am going to set up a thread on this crusher when I've got it set up to my satisfaction. Just been a bit busy lately. However I've put up a short clip on Youtube of it during its first test run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJfHLHJBWM My partner was filming it with a basic camera so its a bit erratic as she didn't know what bits to focus on. Ignore the safety clothing too We usually wear a bit more around machinery but it was a hot day. Also here's a photo below of the crusher doing a small run of building waste after I fitted the feed hopper I welded up. I've now got to fit a guard around the belts & flywheel and its close to finished. Then I can do a thread on it. Regards Dave
Hi some info. I owned a 4cx JCB awesome machine they are built in the UK. The backhoe is the number 1 machine used in the UK. The main reason they are not popular down under is that people down this neck of the woods don't know how to use them!!! Strange it may sound but if you watch a good JCB backhoe operator in action never mind if it's a 1cx 2cx 3cx 4cx they all operatge the same they are awesome. The front bucket is used heaps not just for loading. You have a fantastic machine there and keep working it you will find how they fully perform through time. I now have a sidsteer 226B and I wish I could get my hands on a 1CX as they are far better. Good luck and keep the posts coming? Some questions what is the all up weight, how long would it be fromm the front bucket on the ground to the rear hoe folded in accross the back, what width is the machine, and what height to the top of the cab. Cheers.
Answer to 1CX questions Hi Scoop. The overall weight is 2850kg, length from the front bucket on the ground to the rear hoe folded in across the back is 3.4m, width is 1.58m and height to top of the cab is 2.26m. You can get more info from the JCB website. It's quite compact for its capabilities and although higher than most skid steers, it has excellent 360 degree visibility due to the seating position. No running into/over things in reverse because you can't see them The backhoe gives the 1CX a really good weight distribution and therefore good traction and is less inclined to tip either way with the bucket loaded or unloaded. The 1CX is hard to come by as they were not that common. But they do come up secondhand occasionally so keep an eye out. Let me know if you need any further info. Regards AusDave
What does the CX designate in the model number?
Jcb 208s I Just bought a 1999 JCB 208S. Was not really looking for one, just happened across one at a price I could not resist. $7,500, US. Has 1600 house, 4in1 front bucket. Not a clue how to operate it yet. Was looking for a small tractor to re-do my front yard and this popped up. May sell it after my job is completed. Has a hydraulic hose leaking under the seat, have not isolated it yet. looks to go thru the floor to who knows where. machine has alot of power from what little I have played with it so far. i feel retarded at the controls so far, looking forward to learning to operate it smoothly. Bob
The CX doesn't really designate anything. About 4-5 years ago, JCB changed the model designations in the US. A 1CX for the rest of the world was a 208 in the US. As a matter of uniformity they changed all the backhoe model numbers. What was a 214 in the US became a 3CX as another example.
WOW, hydraulic hoses are expensive for this 208s, $108 to get one made and they re-used one end. I now found 4 more leaking hoses. Anyone have a source for hoses with decent prices? Thanks: Bob
Where abouts in Calif. are you at. I just had a hose made up in Ukiah, and it was $57. It was only about 36" though. This was with both fittings new.
Don't know how to edit, but forgot to state this was for a JCB 214 sitemaster. Besides I need to get 3 posts before I can start a new thread.
I am in the San Francisco East Bay area. The guy said that the BSP fittings are about tripple what the american ones are. But looking at 4 more, its too big a hit to take. Can you give me the name of the place in Ukiah? My hose was 64 inches. I think the 4 I need are identical except for length, i can send one to match and give them the lengthsof the others. I found a place in China that makes the fittings, if I can find out the exact specs, I may just buy them and have them shipped, at 20% or the cost here, it would most likely be well worth it. it seems to be one heck of a maching, I just do not like the leaks, (but I can buy alot of hydraulic oil for $500+). Thanks: Bob
The outfit is Acme Rigging. 1-800-862-4639. The fittings I bought were 13.69 each. Hose was 7.19 per foot + .05 Cents per foot for making the hose. Hope this helps, Terry
Thanks Terry, I will call them on Tuesday. Bob
AusDave, Nice jbc 1cx. There is a new JCB Dealer here in town and I have been meaning to stop and kick some tires. That 1cx seems to be a nice machine between a backhoe and a skid steer. Gene
I picked up a 1998 208s recently, and am very happy with it so far. It is my first piece of heavy equipment, so I can't compare it to much, but it has done everything I have needed it to so far. Unfortunately, it did not come with an operator's manual (I have been trying to locate one), and I have figured out most of the controls and the buttons, but I can't figure out how to operate the side-shift feature of the back-hoe. Can anyone explain it to me?
1cx Yeah, the 1CX is a handy machine. There are so many jobs where the combination of a skidsteer and mini excavator is really useful. I've posted a few pics below halfway through a recent job I had removing some concrete slabs. Turned out a bit bigger job than I anticipated. Some of the slabs which had been ripped out by a large excavator and stacked amongst dirt were up to 10 inches thick. To make matters worse the hydraulic breaker, which I used to reduce the slabs to a size I could run through my crusher, seemed to be a bit weak especially on the thicker slabs. Still I got the job done and the site cleaned up so the concretors could pour a new slab on the site. Last week I took the breaker to the local heavy equipment shop to check the nitrogen accumulator pressure. It had no pressure at all:Banghead No wonder it felt so weak. I tested it after I'd gassed it up and man it was like a different machine. 10" concrete would be no problem now. I'd bought the breaker off eBay, it had hardly been used but was quite few years old. Apparently the gas had leaked out. This is really worth checking with any breaker which has an accumulator, which is most smaller sized breakers. It's a wonder it worked properly at all when the gas was gone. Fortunately when I bought the breaker it came with the original service kit which had all the fittings and a user manual which made gassing easy. All I had to do was take it to my local HE shop who supplied the nitrogen. Cost me only $22 Regards AusDave Pic 1 Concrete to break. Pic 2 Breaking concrete with 1CX, with crusher, conveyor and truck in background. Used the loader bucket to scoop up concrete and load crusher. Pic 3 Supervisor Pepper. Keepin' an eye on the job and waiting to have the ball thrown.
Manuals Hi bbjr. I have pdf copies of the JCB 1CX operator manual and service manual. They will give you a lot of info on how to operate and service the machine and I'd recommend reading them before you use the machine too much. The side shift confused me too as the people I bought it from didn't know how to use this function either. However when I got the operators manual it all became clear. here are the instructions from the manual: Note: Before sideshifting the backhoe, make sure that the kingpost rails are clear of debris. 1 Use the stabilisers to set the machine level and stable, with the kingpost vertical. 2 Rest the backhoe bucket on the ground as shown, straight behind the machine. 3 Fully lift knob C to release the hydraclamps. 4 Operate the boom up and down a few times to loosen the kingpost on its rails. 5 Raise and slew the backhoe directly to one side of the machine. Slew to the left if you want to sideshift to the right. Slew to the right if you want to sideshift to the left. Set the bucket on the ground, with the dipper at 90°to the boom as shown. 6 Open the bucket. As the bucket opens, the kingpost will be pushed across the back of the machine A. If the kingpost sticks in mid-travel, raise or lower the boom slightly to keep the kingpost vertical to the rails B. 7 Once the kingpost is in the position you want, tighten the hydraclamps by lowering knob C fully and operating boom up for 2-3 seconds. It loses a bit in translation without the pics. Knob C is the little knob you pull up on the right hand side of the backhoe control levers and it releases the hoe assembly so it can slide. You then use the bucket out the side to push the whole thing across to where you want it. Painting a bit of diesel on the rails to make it slide easier helps too. The manuals are 3.4MB and 4.6MB so send me a pm with your email address and I'll email the manuals to you. You'll then be able to operate your machine safely and effectively and keep it well maintained. Have fun, regards AusDave
Thanks, AusDave! You are a lifesaver. I figured that knob had something to do with it, because I could here the hydraulics in that area when I unlocked it, but I couldn't get any movement. Your explanation makes sense to me on why I couldn't get it to move. I will shoot you a pm with my email address for the pdf files. I can't thank you enough for those, you are a big help. BTW, that is a nice set-up you have going with the rock crusher. It looks like your supervisor is happy with the set-up, too.
For anyone with experience with one of these, how much play, if any, should there be in the side-to-side movement of the back-hoe arm? When I am swinging the bucket around to drop the dirt, I get about 12" of of extra swing from the momentum when the arm is at about 3/4 extension. It seems like a lot to me, but like I said, this is my first machine so maybe it is normal.
I can't figure out how to pm. I think I may not have enough posts, yet. I added you as a contact, so if you look at my contact info, it should have my email address listed.
arm swing I get 4" to 6" of movement. Bob
Hey guys, I didn't want to threadjack AusDave's thread, but I have a question concerning the starter motors on these machines, and was hoping if one of you subscribed to this thread, you would see the question a little quicker. Here is the link to the thread I started . If anyone has any advice, I sure could use it. Thanks.
Is there any way to raise the loader arms on this machine without having the machine running?
1CX Manuals Hi AusDave, Just wondered if you had copies of the 1CX pdf you could send me as I am looking at getting one in the spring but before I do I would like some technical info on it. I have searched the web but can't find a good source of info appart from this forum! Many thanks in advance Hugh ps Merry Xmas
Hi Hugh. I've sent the manuals, a workshop manual & operators manual, to your email address. I'm not sure whether you are getting a new or used 1CX but the manuals I sent should help you from a technical point of view. Noticing your HEF name, what do you do in the UK or offshore? Regards Dave Reynolds (Australia)
R Hi Dave Got the manuals thank you very much. Hoping to get new although just spotted secondhnd 1cx with 2500hrs for a third of the price of a new one. Manuals a great help especially on controls side. Based in Norway doing tourism. Have sent reply mail with more detailed info! Thanks again for your help. Hugh
Loader arms Hi bbjr. This may be too late and you've got the arms up already but if not you would need another bit of machinery such as a loader, excavator or hoist to lift the arm assembly after disconnecting the lift hoses, possibly the bucket and directing the oil into a container or similar. The main thing having done that, is to put the safety bracket in place on the lift ram to stop any accidental fall of the lift arms which would cut you in half! If you don't have the safety bracket, which is usually attached to one side of the machine near the arm, you will need to prop the arms up very safely with an appropriate prop and even a chain through a shed rafter above if it is strong enough. Just make it as safe as possible, regards Dave
Thanks, Dave. I actually replaced the starter this past Wednesday. For anyone who has the same problem, it is possible to remove and replace without lifting the loader arms up. Just take off the side plastic panel that protects the engine compartment, and use an 8" flexible socket extension and a 6" rigid extension to remove the bottom bolt from the side and then remove the upper bolt from the top. I just made sure to tie a rope to the starter in case I dropped it while unscrewing the bolts, so I would not have to fish it out of the bottom of the machine.
Hi AusDave, Just picked up one of these 1CX from a private ad after seeing this thread. Was going to get a bobcat but liked waht the 1CX had to offer. Any chance I can get a copy of the service manuals please? Thanks
hi dave not been on this for a while i was in a breakers yard in the uk a few months ago and saw one of those in for spares digger doctor uk its called it may help you in the future they do new parts as well
JCB 1CX Manual Hi AusDave I could not PM you but your review has persuaded me to get one of these machines. While I await delivery, can you please send me the pdf manual? It would be greatly appreciated. TT
AusDave or anyone else who owns one of these, can you look at the breather hose that comes out of the rocker cover and see if it is connected to anything, has a pcv valve on the end of it, or if it just hangs there open? Thanks.
Hi There. The 1CX came with a Peugeot motor in earlier models and a Perkins in later models. Which one do you have? One clue is the Peugeot motor has the exhaust out the side and up the corner of the cabin frame and the Perkins exhaust pipe comes out through the bonnet. I have a Peugeot in mine so I can help you if you have the same but if you have a Perkins hopefully someone else will know. However I do have the 1CX workshop manual in pdf format which covers both engines which may give you enough info. Let me know if you would like it sent to you. Regards Dave (Australia)
Thanks, Dave. I have the Perkins 100 series in my machine. I checked the workshop manual for the 1CX and the workshop manual for the 100 series Perkins motor, but I couldn't find anything other than a picture of the rocker cover with the breather hose coming out of it, but it doesn't show the other end. If I had to guess, I would think that these are open on the other end and not connected to anything, but I wanted to double check, because I started getting some excessive blowby and oil loss out the breather hose the last few times I ran it. I am really hoping it doesn't need a rebuild.
It's still probably worth checking with someone local who handles Perkins motors and check that the breather is correctly set up with no bits worn or missing. It doesn't sound too good if there is suddenly a lot of blowby and oil loss. If you haven't changed your oil recently it's probably worth doing so with the best oil you can afford and change the filter as well. Clean out any crankcase breather systems too. Sometimes the oil can get diluted with diesel especially if the injectors are a bit worn and it's been idling a lot or not running hard and hot for a while. Regards Dave
Thanks for the suggestions, Dave. Changing the oil is one of the things on my list of stuff to do. I was wondering, though, what causes the diesel fuel to mix with the engine oil?
Check the oil level daily. If the oil level goes up, usually, the piston rings do not seal the combustion chamber and diesel goes down to the crankcase. This may be caused to bad injector situation or not addiotional to specification oil engine. I had the same problem to my skidsteer. I hope you can understand what i am writting....because of my language!
Thanks, and I understand you just fine . I haven't messed around with it for the past week, because I am waiting for some new hoses to come in, but I will keep an eye on the oil level after I change it and start to run it again.
Need DH4 Trencher Gearbox New to this site and it won't let me start new thread. Need drive gearbox for Case Dh4 trencher. Any ideas where to find one? Thanks.
Hi bbjr. Also a leaky seal between the injection pump and the crankcase can result in diesel leaking into the crankcase. When I purchased my 1CX the first thing I did was replace all fluids with the best quality lubricant and coolant I could find. I greased all the backhoe & loader linkage with Molybdenum grease, replaced all the filter, cleaned out the bellyplate of years of accumulated mud, dust, leaves & sticks and hosed out the radiator and oil cooler. Preventative maintenance should be every heavy equipment owners policy. Regards Dave
Hi dsc. After 3 posts you'll be able to start a thread yourself. Regards Dave
G'day everyone, I have just purchased a used JCB 1CX for work around my property. It is brilliant, what a machine. Cheers
1CX fan club... Hi Triple F. That's what I have found. Have been doing a large job at the moment comprising over 100m of new rural road, over 150m of trenching for power/phone/water, excavate large tank & shed site on slope and spread approx 400 tonnes of roadbase. With a 4 in 1 loader bucket, grader attachment and couple of backhoe buckets I can do the lot. It can take a bit of practice to get good with your 1CX but it's like having a bobcat and mini excavator in one machine. Does your 1CX have the Peugeot or Perkins motor? Did you get it privately or dealer? How about some photos too Have fun, regards Dave, (NSW South Coast)
Thanks Dave, I have operated plenty of Bobcats and small excavators but the 1CX is a dream. I have purchased it to do work around my small acreage. It is originally from Ipswich Council and I purchased it from an Excavator company in Brisy who have been brilliant. It is a 2001 model with the Perkins motor. My machine has the standard backhoe bucket and I would like to get a small trenching bucket, any suggestions. Also, I want to spread plenty of road base and mulch, do you use a spreader bar with the 4 in 1 bucket? I noticed you may have the owners manual available, is it possible to get a copy as I plan to do all the servicing myself. I will get some pics up as soon as I stop long enough to take some :drinkup
Anyone know where AusDave has gone? I am chasing a service and owners manual for the the 1CX. Cheers
1CX manuals Hi Triple F Racing. My apologies, I was gonna do it, got busy and forgot:Banghead However I have now sent both manuals to your email address. Let me know if you don't get them. How is your 1CX going. Have had quite a few jobs on with mine recently. Will post some pics soon. AusDave
Hi Aus Dave and all, First Post for me (on any Forum!!) Just picked up a 1995 1CX myself, for work around my small acreage here near Brisbane, (in Queensland Australia for anyone OS). Funny story how I came to own it. It was my plumbers who used it 2 years ago when I was building my house. He asked if he could leave it on my block until he needed it again. Well it sat there for 18 months, until I decided to get it going myself.... needed a new fuse in the electric brake system (machine was locked and would not move), as well as it was totally dry of Hydraulic fluid. Well, got it going, fixed up a few leaks, and used it off and on (with the plumbers approval), until the plumber finally came back for it last month. He wanted to trade it in on a new machine, and he offered it to me at the same price as the trade in valuation. So I picked up a old, but working 1cx for A$11K, which I thought was a great buy considering how much others in Aus go for. I believe it has a Mitsubishi engine of all things I am not an expert, but I find it a great little machine... a little heavy, and easily sinks in soft wet ground. I think there maybe an issue with the pump as it does stall fairly easily (if digging into a pile of soil etc), even with the revs up. The plumber mentioned there is an adjustment in the pump, but not sure. Aus Dave, would really appreciate any service advice, and even a copy of the manual if OK. Cheers Forry66
Hi Aus Dave, I have recently bought a JCB 1CX with a peugeot engine and I see from this forum that you have copies of the user manuals etc. And as mine is quite old and need a bit of care and attention I was wondering if you could forward them to me. Cheers John http://jmoore.yolasite.com/ [email protected]
Hi Forry66 and jonmor. I hope you received your manuals OK. Apologies for any delay:duh Let us know how you get on with your 1CX's and perhaps post some pics of work you are doing with them. Regards AusDave
Manual Request. Hey Aus dave, You seem to be the guru on the 1CX now! I just bought an old Pug powered one as a non runner (cheap ) The engine is now out/stripped and off for full rebuild. The electrics are shot...major re-wire ahead... I need a manual to begin the rewire, any chance you can email me a copy, all the info you have will probably be essential and much apreciated. mail to [email protected] Cheers Pommy Dave
Hi Dave. I've sent the manuals to your email address, I hope they will help you get the machine fixed. The Pug motors are good if well maintained and parts should be easy to find as this motor was very common. What happened to damage the wiring? There are a lot of wires, especially around the console/battery area. Hopefully you can use some of the existing wiring that is still OK. If you need parts try the Digger Doctor UK at http://www.diggerdoctor.co.uk/ He has JCB parts at fair prices and is knowledgeable about JCB stuff as well. Let us know how you get on. Photos too! Regards AusDave
Cheers mate, got the manuals...getting my head around the wiring now. The previous owner parked the machine up six years ago as it had electrical gremlins and kept cutting out. The sparky they had look at it was not that good to say the least. I've already established that it it the interlock circuitry, which I will initially bypass to get it running, then repair/replace as necessary. The engine is currently stripped for a full rebuild as it had very low compression. I have also noticed that the loom is common to all variations, my model has about 15 plugs which are not used, I plan to streamline the loom and loose all unused plugs and cableing. The hydraulics all look good, just an oil and filter change needed. It looks pretty sorry now but if I can figure out how I will post a picture. I want to buy an auger attatchment...some new ones are more than I paid for the machine! Any ideas where I can get an affordable one? Thanks Dave
Service manual and parts list Hello, I just purchased my first skid steer/mini digger. A JCB 208S (1cx). It requires some work....minor elecrical, seat back rest, arm rests, backhoe cylinder internal leak and a paint job. I tried to post an image, but couldntg figure out how. Thats what I've seen so far. Besides that it runs and operates well. I need the manual for the electric and to identify some parts more precisely to buy them. I appreciate if someone could email me the service manuals and maybe parts list/drawings. Thanks, Vic Guayma, Puerto Rico
Hello Aus, Could you email me the manuals for the 1CX. Thanks, VIc
Hi Dave, can you send me a copy of the service manuals please? I got old machine with Perkins motor and now It requires some work... actually lot of work .) Veix
Hello all, I'm having some trouble with my 208s. It doesnt want to steer to the right as fast as it does to the left. Any suggestions on what to look at/for? Also I'm trying to find the parts catalog/list to identify some parts that I need. Without the parts list I have no idea wht these parts are called. Thanks for the help. Vic Guayama, PR
Hi Vic. I've sent you an email so that you can send me your email so I can send you operator and service manuals which should suit your JCB. Hopefully it's just a matter of adjustment but depending on the hours on your machine and how its been used and serviced it could be worse. To check whether there could be more wrong you could replace the hydraulic system oil & filter, check the oil and cut open the filter and check for metal contamination. Regards AusDave
JCB-1CX For Sale Hi All, Thanks to Aus Dave for all his assistance with manuals. I am planning to sell my 1CX shortly, ,and was hoping if anyone may be interested. 1995 model Based in Brisbane Australia with a fair few hours. Has hammer pipng Starts and runs OK. Hoping for around 15K Thanks Forry66
JCB-1CX For Sale Hello How many hours does it have and do you have any pics of it. Thanks mjt
wouldn't mind some info and photos cheers ronnie
AusDave new to this site, thinking seriously about getting one of these little beautys, a couple of questions. I've heard that the 1cx came out in 1995 is there any difference between the 95 models an the present models. My second question is how do you tell which model has the high flow pump if there are no stickers and lastly have they always had the hydrostatic drive in them since they were first produced, lucky last you've maybe heard it a million times i would love to be able to do my own servicing/ repair work when i get my beauty so any chance you could send a copy of your service/owner manuals my way. cheers, Ronnie
Hi ronnie1969. There are some differences over the years. Earlier models often had a Peugeot motor and later models had a Perkins. There are other changes to hydraulic systems and other bits and pieces but none of these are that significant. The capabilities and power of the 1CX has stayed basically the same over the years. Always been a hydrostatic drive machine. If the 1CX has a high flow pump there will be a triple set of auxiliary hydraulic lines running down the right hand side of the loader arms. The left hand side always has the standard two auxiliary hydraulic lines. Also there will be an additional hydraulic filter beside the standard hydraulic filter in the battery compartment area. Send me your email address and I'll send you the manuals. Do you have a 1CX or hoping to get one? Regards AusDave
Good luck with any Later chinese import stuff that requires relatively Med-Heavy work, Ive had nothing but tears with the stuff Ive brought made in the last 5 years from there.cheap machining and metal breakdown of components have me belive you get exactly what you pay for. As for the JCB what a unit , yourve kicked a goal there, JCB is or was australian made and manufactured som 15 years ago, the guy was brilliant, he took all the early ideas of other hoes and perfected them, you cant beat aus made mate but im not tellig you anything. Garrie.
Hi all, did you manage to source one? I am also in market and find alot of well worn models but most in need of TLC wondering if anyone can tell me why some have exhaust comes vertically out of engine and other models have the exhaust to the side? Are the spares hard to source? and would also appreciate a forwarded copy of the service manual if possible regards.............
1cx Hi Cooka. The exhaust comes from the side on the 1CX's with Peugeot motors and out the top with Perkins motors. Haven't had any problems with spares yet. However to get a good price on the throttle cable assembly I bought it from Digga Doctors in the UK. They were cheaper than buying in Australia and it doesn't take long to get here. Peugeot and Perkins motor parts are readily available. Send your email address to me via personal message and I'll send you the manuals. Regards AusDave
Hi, thanks that info is gold the sellers I have delt with usually only knew their machine but not thr differences. any info would be much appreciated send to [email protected] , thanks in advance Regards.....................
email adress for manuals my email address is [email protected]
Hello to everybody, this is my first post ever on any board so I don't know much, I just want to say thanks to AusDave even if it's a little late. But I have to tell you all that I never knew this machines existed so because of this thread I started searching for one and found it a couple of hours away from me and I've decided to purchase it, this are the only pictures I have on it. Hehe how do I upload pictures here? Also if anybody that has them I would be immensely grateful If you can send to my email the operators manual and maintenance manual please. Thank you in advance my email is [email protected]
I agree about JCB products.I was an owner operator and never had big troubles with the 3CXs I owned. They can work hard and work long without complaint. My last machine was used mainly on breaker work,Montebert 180 if I remember right.I have driven others, the Cat equivalent but found the cab small and poorly laid out.Oh almost forgot, a Case, not a touch on the JCB
JCB 1CX manuals Hi MIKESSQ. Have sent you the manuals by email. The info on how to post pictures is in the FAQ here You know it's mandatory to post some pics of your machine Regards AusDave
Haha I will! AusDave, It's actually your fault that I'm going to purchase one! I didn't even knew they existed and It is exactly what I was looking for. I actually love bobcat's skid steer and I was planning to purchase one with the backhoe attachment but It seems this will be better (hopefully) It is a 1999 with the Perkins motor in it, the owner said it has been sitting for a couple of years because he left, It started right up, I will have to replace all the hoses outside, but there is something worrying me.....It has a leak on the backhoe It's actually on the lower corner at the end of the rail It is a bolt and I don't really know what it is... Best wishes.
Weird it's not letting me post pictures: "You may not post attachments" Well I'll post some pictures as soon as I can
JCB 1CX Manuals Hi AusDave. I have just purchased a 1cx in the uk and would really appreciate if you could email the manuals as I intend to service the machine myself. It is an early version with the peugeot engine, it is also the High Flow version for running Stump Grinders etc. My email is [email protected] Thanks Ivor
Well here is my 1cx or 208S here in the States. The bolt in the corner is where the leak is coming from it is hydraulic fluid. Thank you AusDave
Hydra clamp seals are available from your JCB dealer.Fitting the seal should only take 30 minutes or so.When you release the clamps the back actor will relax so make sure the bucket is on the ground.This makes changing the clamp seals easier
Thank you guys! I will be away for a month and a half, so when I get back I will be working on it. I picked It up for $8,000 US Dollars, I don't think It's such a bad deal. What do you guys think? This is the first message board I've ever written on and you have been very helpful. Thank you once again to all and good luck with all your projects.
Aus Dave, Thank you and everyone for all of the good info ive been seriously looking and trying to find info on a 208s or 1cx i think it will work perfectly for wat we need. Any chance of getting the owners and mainenance manuals from you? Im also wondering if any owners in the group have converted the backhoe controls from john deere to cat? or found and installed a conversion valve if they even exist. Any info is appreciated.
Hi NorcalDennys. Send me your email address and I'll send you the manuals. The operator Handbook shows the backhoe controls set up in a number of different patterns including Deere & Cat. However it doesn't show how to change these patterns and I have never needed to change mine. Regards AusDave
[email protected] Thank You
Dave, I Recieved them this morning, Thank You. That will be a huge help. Im currently negotiating on the purchase of a 1999 208s with 527 hours on it the guy is the original owner. It comes with a 9" and 18" bucket for the hoe a 4 in 1 bucket and forks for the loader and an extra set of wider wheels and tires for mud or floatation tires. Im waiting to hear back to see if theyve accepted my offer. My other slight issue is that im used to using cat controls and this has john deere controls i had the same situation on an older Takahuchi mini excavator i use to have i was able to swap 4 hoses to make the change over to cat controls but id really like to make it an easy change im pretty sure the newer 1cx have a valve to so this. I found this valve online and im thinking this might do the trick what do you think? http://www.foxprintskitstore.com/servlet/the-893/Excavator-Pilot-Control-Pattern/Detail Any input will be appreciated. Thank You
HI guys Just bought a 1cx 95 model w /2700 hrs 2 buckets and a chain digger. Needs a little birthday, but in good working order. I was hoping that Aus Dave or anyone else out there might be able to email me the owners and maintainance manuals, infact any info on this little cracker - [email protected] . I pulled a few stumps out and had a fiddle about with it this afternoon, but it is raining up here and I am making a mess of the good grass!!! . After an hours use it is a very handy tool. I have a 88 acre forested property and this thing is going to get a workout. I love riding quads and wanna build a fast track for my renegade and the width of the 1cx is perfect for this. I am building a large masonry/Timber pole home so it will trench, dig footings, lift concrete, all the sh**ty jobs my back hates. But before it starts I need to give her a tidy up so please anyone out ther can you help me out with a manual. Oh also it is the peugeot engine. Thank you in advance.
Hi marcushc. Glad you are happy with the 1CX. Sounds like a similar model to mine. I've sent you the manuals you require. Should help you with maintaining your machine. One matter you should consider immediately is the timing belt on your Peugeot motor. If you have no definite evidence that the timing belt has been changed you should change it immediately. I think it has scheduled change at 2000 hours or less and if it fails you can ruin the motor. The belt is readily available from Peugeot dealers, Rouse Hill Tractors or JCB. Have fun, AusDave
Hi Guys, Just bought an 1cx 96 model with PUG engine AusDave I'd appreciate if you would send me the manuals to the [email protected] , because I make all the maintenance before it starts the hard work, because the 1cx got no maintenance over the past years from the previous owner but I bought for a very reasonable price Many Thanks
Hi Joekerke. I've sent the manuals you need. Worth changing the timing belt on the Pug motor if you have no definite record of when it was last done. If they let go your motor can be ruined. Apart from that, the Pug motor, which I have in mine too, is good. Very economical on fuel and easy to get parts for. Post some pics, regards Dave
Thank you AusDave. I too just purchased a 2000 jcb 208s and had no idea how to use the side shift. My machine also did not come with any manuals. Would you be so kind to also send them to me? Thank [email protected]
moving the hoe from wherever it is positioned is simple, just release the hydraclamp lever,this releases the hydraulics from gripping the rail it sits on.Move the main arm to somewhere you can push against and using the hydraulis push until the hoe is in the position you want.Reset the hydraclamp lever
2000 jcb 208s machine with a perkins engine. Can anyone tell me what the button in the center of the left joystick is supposed to do? I thought it was to operate the forward/reverse when the seat is turned to the back of the machine but it does not seem to do anything. Also there is a red button behind the right joystick that does not seem to do anythig. Please help.......I didnt get any manuals with the machine..
Hi amasc64. I've sent the manuals to your email address. Robin Yates posted how to use the side shift. Let us know if you have any problems doing this. The manuals provide further info. Hope they help you get the most out of your machine. Post some photos on HEF! Regards AusDave
Hi amasc64. The button on the centre of the left joystick overrides the safety lockout which occurs when the seat is not locked in the forward position. This when held down it enables you to drive the machine when the seat is in the backhoe position as well as operate the front loader assembly. If it doesn't work it can be because the wire has broken at the base of the seat post. The button behind the right joystick operates the horns. The horns may be faulty or the fuse/relay may be blown if the horns don't work. More details will be apparent in the manuals I've sent. Regards AusDave
I would like to thank AusDave and Robin Yates for all your info and manuals on this awsome forum!!! This is the only forum I ever joined and boy, am I glad I did. I have rented alot of equipment over the years and I got to the point of talking myself (and my wife, Well, she thinks its hers) into purchasing a machine to use around the house. I came across this 2000 JCB 208s and I could not get over the engineering that went into this machine. Ive rented JCB machines before and know they are very good machines but, this machine is like having several machines in one. I personally believe this is the best skid steer type machine out there. I am in the process of repainting the machine. It looked fantastic for being a one owner 1200hr. machine. But it had a couple scrapes and rust spots so, I decided to order some new jcb decals from the uk and repaint her. I'll post some pics when its done. Thank you again. Good day.........
thanks for your thanks! I used and operated JCBs from the old 3c to the latest Sitemaster range.I have tried the Cat,International,Case versions and to be honest they are just copies.Not in the same class.I was an owner operator so I guess my opinion has some bearing on my views. JCB for me everytime
Hello, hope everyone is well. I am posting some pics. of my 208s. I am having a issue moving the side shift. It seems like the lower hydraclamps either are not opening far enough or maybe it just has not been moved in so long its stuck? Anyway, I'm not finished with her yet. (Painting) I am still waiting for a few things to finish putting the machine back together. The first pic, is when I bought the machine and the rest of the pics. is where I am with it now.
Sorry, will not let me send the new pics. Says file is to big. I'll try to figure out how to compress. The pic I was able to send is the machine when I bought it. Anyone have any thoughts on the hydraclamps? Thank you.........
Hi amasc64, Just a thought on the hydraclamp problem- if the hydraclamp system is like the Jcb 3CX once you have released the clamp valve lift the bucket off the ground and then press the bucket on to the ground this will have the effect of pushing the oil out of the clamps. make shre you have the stabiliser legs hard on to the groung and the front bucket likewise, swing the bucket out to the same side as the side shift is at, press the bucket into the ground and using the boom and dipper/bucket movements "wiggle" the sideshift across.Make sure you dont spear any buried services with the bucket teeth! Hope this helps. Have fun be safe- Ex tractor fan.
Hi Robin, Been a JCB owner operator for the last 34 years, just broke the mould and purchased a CAT 434E in May this year-quite a culture shock! Cab interior very noisey when travelling on the road, but otherwise a very well built and powerful machine on the backhoe, front bucket not as good as the 2010 4CX I traded in,4CX would keep pushing,where as I can stall the CAT's transmission out in first gear before front bucket is full. I have got used to it now and like it, wiring harness,hydraulic pipes and componentry in general is better quality than JCB, the Cat was also cheaper than the equivalent 4CX - time will tell.(thought you may be interested in this info.) Are you out in Phillapines working? Take care - Ex tractor fan.
sideshifts can and do get stuck.It is easy to free the hydraclamps.Release the shift lever.Fully extend the hoe back arm and gently slew as far as you can in the 180,repeat the proceedure, you will feel the arm drop when the clamps are fully released.Some owner/operators smear grease on the sideshift slides, top and bottom.Any probs please ask
do you want to sell the jcb?
hi, i am also an new user of a jcb 1cx, but there is no mauel. Can someone send it to me on my PM? Or i send you my email adres. TNX
Manuals Hi Rudi. Send me an email to dave at machelp dot com dot au and I can send you manuals. AusDave
hello Dave, thanks for the help, i already found one today in Englisch. If you have one in Dutch (my language) would be a greate help. ps: sorry for my englisch not the best part off me grtz Rudi
hello, i repainted the machine, looks like new. Just need some new stickers, dos anywone know an internet shop where i can buy them? Delivery to Belgium! grtz Rudi
http://www.jcb.be/nl-be/sites/jcb-agriculture Belgium website of JCB
hi Robin, thanks for the link. But the dealer nearby is not so friendly for non-professional users.
you are a JCB owner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how much more pro is that?
hallo i can not get your email ....but do you stil hav jcb 1cx manuals?????? blom- denmark
hallo do you stil have jcb 1cx manual?? Blom- denmark
Yes, and sent! AusDave
Hi AusDave, I hate to bother you for yet another manual request, but I would also appreciate it if you would send me a copy. I'm looking at a 1995 208s that might need a (drive motor)? rebuild or replacement and I am trying to determine if I want to undertake this task or not. Thanks in advance, Greg
Manual Hi Greg. Send me an email to dave at machelp dot com dot au and I can send you manuals. AusDave
Good, the thread has some nice models and equipment, but I have not used any of them.
Hi AusDave, I'm looking for a 1CX manual for the 2009 I am purchasing. If you could send me one that would be awesome. You are a good man. Thanks a ton, Ron rshaffer at midland-mi dot org
Hi Ron. I've sent the manuals, let me know if you receive them OK. Tell us a bit more about your machine on this thread, with photos if you have some. Regards AusDave
Hi AusDave, I have bought a 1CX here on Tenerife (small island on the west coast of Africa) i am planning to change the hydraulic oil and change the filter, my question was how to drain the oil and if some one could point me in a direction for ordering the filter ? thank you, Mattias
Hi Mattias. Your local heavy equipment service centre should be able to supply the filter/s you need or tell you who does in Tenerife. It may be cheaper to order it from the mainland if freight is not expensive. As for how to drain the oil and other maintenance, tell me your email address and I can send you a service manual. Regards AusDave
Not sure there is a local heavy equipment service centre here, so guess it is better i find some ware to order from, my email is "matt dot bergstrom at gmail dot com" Thank you /mattias
Dave, I'm in need of a manual for a 98 208S w Perkins. If you can help me out it would be much appreciated. I will drop you an email if thats Ok. Engine response and white smoke make it feel like timing is off or valves are out of adjustment. Also Hydraulic issue where it wont run anything but the hydrostatic unless you move the dash and left pilot aux switch to the middle position. After a minute or so it will kill the motor unless you move the pilot aux switch to another position.
Hi ekj. Sounds like you have a problem with your auxiliary hydraulics being switched on when you don't need them. That will be loading up the engine to the point of stalling as the hydraulic flow has nowhere to go and is just blowing of through the relief valves. Your hydraulic oil will overheat too if it continues, and damage may ensue Send me an email to dave at machelp dot com dot au and I'll send the manuals by return. You definitely need to get this sorted before using the machine. I don't think the motor is the problem if i understand the symptoms you are describing. Regards AusDave
The email address won't work from here for some reason. If you have time you can try me ejk52d at yahoo dot com
I have a 208s w perkins no cab and cobbled aux hydraulics as the front aux has the couplers removed and a hose connecting the supply and return. It doesn't have the hi volume pump according to the op manual that indicates a second filter with hi flow The machine has no hydraulics at either end unless I put both switches in the middle positions. I then have hydraulics to operate the hoe or loader. After a minute or so something happens and it kills the engine unless you move either switch out of the center position. Thanks for your time.
Well folks you have convinced me, now to try and find one that hasn't been battered too much. So far the only listings in my part of the world havent even listed the hours on the machine. Say things like ex telco......hmmm to me that screams multiple operators, many of whom couldnt give a sh** cause it aint their machine. On with my search. Good thread picked up several interesting bits and pieces about this little JCB.
Hello Aus Dave, Just read all the threads regarding the JCB 1CX and I have just become a member. I think it is fantastic the time you have given to advise all the other members in regard to their machines. Also the many times you have forwarded the user manuals. If my photos have downloaded you will see the1CX I have just bought in Cyprus were we are building a house and there will be a lot of work to do there! I live in the UK and will travelling out to Cyprus in a few weeks time to see the machine that was purchased by my developer out there. We do not know how old it is or how many hours it has done. Hope to update with more info later? Regards, David.
Nice machine David Looks like it has the Peugeot motor. Unless you have absolute proof that the timing belt has been changed recently I would change it asap. A recent failure in one of mine led to an expensive new head and associated parts The Peugeot motors are very good though when looked after properly and are very economical. With the timing belt done and all appropriate maintenance, your 1CX should give you many years of great service. You'll wonder how anyone could get by without one they are so handy! Look forward to future updates, AusDave
Hi AusDave, Thanks for your response and the useful advice regarding the cam-belt, you identified the machine has a Peugeot engine! do you have any ideal as to what age it might be? I presume it must have some identification plate so when I get to see it next week hopefully I will get a better ideal of its age. As I will then also hopefully have a chance to try out the machine it would be helpful to know what the controls do! so is there any chance you would have any "operation instructions" or in fact any usable informationon on the 1CX, as I am sure there will not be any paperwork with the machine. I will be prepared to pay you for any documentation supplied if you are able to oblige? With best regards, David My email is: [email protected]
Hi Dave. Apologies for the delay. I think the age of your machine would be around the mid 1990's. All parts should be readily available as the basic fundamentals of these machines haven't changed much. They were an innovative machine when they first came out and they still are now! You may find engine parts are cheaper from a Peugeot engine specialist rather than JCB however. The Peugeot XUD9 Diesel engine was ahead of its time and will run for many years with proper maintenance. Timing belts especially I have sent you pdf copies of the operation and service manuals which should help you out. Let me know if I can help you further, regards Dave Reynolds
Hi AusDave, As mentioned in your Haulotte thread, I'm looking for a 1CX myself. I was just wondering if you know what brand the 4 in 1 bucket is that you have on your original 1CX? It looks good with a nice long floor. The genuine JCB bucket is way too short (just like their larger backhoes). Does yours have a flat floor (eg. Bisalloy plate) or a hump in the middle? Edit: Ignore last question - noticed the hump in one of the photos. Regards Chris.
Hi Chris. The 4 in 1 bucket on my original 1CX was originally the short floored bucket that comes with the 1CX which I have on my second 1CX. However a previous owner had the bucket modified and extended the floor and put eight Esco Tiger teeth on it. The floor has the hump to give it stiffness. It certainly gives it more capacity and I can stand it on its nose going down a slight slope with a bucket load of wet clay But it's definitely a better bucket. As well as more capacity it also is better for cutting to grade than a short floored bucket. You can of course put any skidsteer bucket that uses the Bobcat attachment method on a 1CX or modify a short floored bucket the way mine has been done. And teeth are a must unless what you're digging is always soft/loose. Good luck with your search and let me know if you find something. If I see a 1CX anywhere I'll let you know. Regards AusDave
Hello again Dave, I have finally found a nice 1CX in my locale. Although I have not yet seen the machine in the flesh, I have a bunch of photos and it looks pretty good. While it’s a fair bit more money than I planned to spend, it’s also newer and lower hours than I was looking for. If it all goes to plan, I could have it in a couple of weeks (owner is awaiting arrival of a new machine). Anyway, it looks good other than the oil leak shown below. It’s just below the back window. I was wondering if you could tell me what that thing is so I can have a better idea when I go out to test drive the machine. Is that an oil filler for the hydraulic tank or some sort of breather? Do they normally look that oily? Could it be just overfilled? Could you explain how to check the oil level? That is – loader on the ground, backhoe in transport position, stabs up or down? Is there a sight glass or dip stick? Many thanks for your help. Chris.
Hi Chris. The leak in the photo looks like it's coming from the valve/tap thing in the centre of the picture. This doesn't look like a standard fitting. Where do the hoses/pipes from this go to? It isn't the oil filler for the hydraulic tank. That's under the plastic cover on the side where the electrics are. Have you got the operation and user manuals? Can email them to you if I haven't already. Oil level for the hydraulic tank is under the backhoe pipes at the back of the body of the machine. It's just a sight glass window. Should show oil level about halfway across glass with everything in transport position, stabs up. Send more photos to show more of the machine. How many hours? Perkins or Peugeot motor? What is the maintenance and repair history? Any modifications? Afraid your initial report has raised more questions Regards AusDave
Hi Dave, Thanks for explaining the hydraulic oil checking procedure. I’ve sent you a PM. Chris.
Hi Dave, I finally bought that machine. It's a 2011/2012 1CX HF (low canopy model) with the 400 series Perkins 404D-22 and full servo controls. It has only 980 hours on it but it does have a few issues for me to work on. Anyway, here's a few photos...
hi i like to know if i can get used parts for my jcb 208s
Probably not much help to you in your country but Rouse Hill Tractors in Australia can supply some used bits. I know they have a 1CX that is parted out. I can pass on details if you like but shipping costs will probably make it cheaper for you to buy new parts. The 1CX and 208S are pretty rare beasts (around here anyway) so getting used or aftermarket parts is a challenge. Chris.
By the way Dave, I figured out that filler/vent looking thing that was leaking on the machine before I got it. It is a hydraulic breather or "ventilating filter" for the hydraulic tank. The tank on the series 2 machines is pressurized. That breather allows air to enter (via a filter) but only allows pressure to escape when above 5 psi. There is one at the back and another next to the filler cap under the battery cover. They don't really look standard but I have a printed brochure for 2011 and in one of the photos you can see that breather. Chris.
Hi everyone, Im looking to buy a jcb 1cx and have done the internet search but was hoping to find one a bit cheaper than the ones advertised on the net here in Australia Any leads much appreciated cheers Lewy
hello all, new member here , i just bought a 2000 jcb 208s/ 1cx, pin 0806573, i need help w/ manuals & new & used parts, here in ohio, can anyone help ? love this forum , i spent lots of time reading all 11 pages ! great info.!!
Hi ohiored. I can help with manuals. Send an email to dave at machelp dot com dot au or post a personal message on the forum with your email and I'll fix you up. Regards AusDave
thank you dave ! how exactly is your e-mail spelled out , i tried & it wont go thru. i am at [email protected] ,& can anyone in the u.s. here help 4 parts ? thank you !!
thanks , dave !! thanks, ausdave 4 the help w/ the manuals , does anybody else read this ? i need a parts manual 4 my 1cx , dealer says 4-6 wks. ! like 2 get in touch w/ u.s. members here 2 share info. , looking 4 cab parts, & much more . help !!
Hi, I have bought myself one of these machines, its a 1997 model with a Perkins engine. Nice machine but have a few problems that I hope someone can help with: Has anyone had brake drag when machine gets hot? One other annoying thing is the delay when moving in any direction once joystick is moved, it takes a couple of seconds to move even if joystick is fully moved in any direction, loader lift and bucket controls are instant. Who else has this with their machine. any information much appreciated. cheers Lewy
Hi Lewy. The brake definitely should not drag when it's hot! That is a sign that something is wrong and trying to drive the 1CX with a dragging brake will cause serious damage. The brake drag could be related to the delay in response to moving the machine in any direction as both require a good hydraulic flow of the right volume/pressure to function well. Insufficient pressure could cause the brake to come on as well as cause slow movement. I would have your local hydraulic shop, which has good hydrostatic knowledge, check the pressures in your system. There are a number of points that are provided in the 1CX hydraulic system for checking for the correct pressure. Let me know if you don't have the manual which provides the hydraulic settings. You could have a failing pump which if not fixed will send damaging metal through the entire hydraulic system and you don't want to know what damage that can do Regards AusDave
Thanks AusDave for your comments, i will look into the pump pressures and hoping that I don't have a stuffed pump. I have also been told I may have the wrong oil in hydraulic tank that could cause brake drag only when it is hot. The manual states 10w30 or 15w40 JCB high performance, would that be synthetic or normal diesel oil. Does your machine or any other owners of the 1cx have any delay at all or does it move as soon as lever moved like loader side. I had been told by jcb this is normal for a delay but im not convinced this is true. Will be doing some testing soon. cheers Lewy
Hi Lewy. I use normal 15W40 diesel oil in my machines. It's what is recommended for Australian conditions. We're a bit hotter than the UK If the oil looks completely different to 15W40 diesel oil it could be a problem but not very likely. Worth changing anyway if you don't know when it was last done or what oil it was. However you may want to get a pressure test first in case you have to do any tear down which may see the oil lost. Have you also changed your hydraulic filter/s? If not I would do so and carefully cut open your old filter to see if there is any nasty stuff within. You don't really want to see metal particles or brake lining material. You may see bits of rubber from the inside of hydraulic hoses which is fairly common. There is some delay in the drive joystick especially when cold as it goes through a much more complicated proportional circuit than the loader control. It should be quite responsive when hot however, though not as direct as the loader control. How many hours has your machine done and what is it's history? Do you have a Hi Flow hydraulic circuit? Regards AusDave
Hi AusDave, Thanks for your response, I have bought some gauges and have some data from a manual to do some tests on the hydraulic circuits. I'm a little confused as to the testing of the M.R.V. circuit, one part says maximum working pressure is 350 bar and then it mentions later about M.R.V. at 1500rpm is 207 bar with various other control bar numbers stated. Do you know how to go about this test and which pressures I should use for maximum setting. What is the park brake circuit Bar pressure, the manual I have doesn't list it I also have received a filter so I have some work ahead of me I don't have much history on machine unfortunately, it is a standard pump machine and has done approximately 4000hrs Cheers Lewy
Hi Lewy. Do you have the JCB 1CX Service Manual? I can send you one if you don't which outlines the places and process to check pressures. Just email me at dave at machelp dot com dot au or send a personal message though via the forum. That being said, to check a hydrostatic system for the problem/s you describe can be a nightmare for the inexperienced. There are so many inter-related valves, solenoids and electrical circuits relating to your problem as well as the large items such as pumps and motors, any of which could be causing your problem. It would be a good idea to have a mechanic experienced in hydrostatic systems, such as those in all skid steers, to help you out with the testing and find out definitively what is wrong. Once the problem has been found then it's just a matter of fixing it. Hopefully it's a smaller expense problem, as costs can be high for failed hydraulic components especially if they have contaminated the machine. I get most of my parts through Rouse Hill Tractors in Sydney. They have been helpful to me and their prices are usually reasonable. The guy to speak to there is Jim as he is very helpful. They sometimes wreck 1CX's as well which can be good for some parts. Let me know how you get on, regards AusDave
Hi AusDave, I am looking at a 208s here in the states and they are pretty rare machines in these parts! I see you are the 1cx master on the forum and would like to know what I should look for on the machine. Any help would be appreciated. This one seems to have the Peugeot engine(exhaust on the side) I have never delt with anything Peugeot, are they any good? Machine has 2300 hours and looks pretty clean. Also can you tell me how to decode the sn, trying to figure out the year. Thanks again!
Also if you can please send me the service and operational manuals to rotaryparts at yahoo dot com. Thank you very much in advanced, after reading thru the 11 pages you seem to like the pug, I will change the timing belt first thing! How hard was it? I have did belts on cars but not on heavy equipment. Thanks again.
Hi Rx7Shane. Sounds like your 1CX is around the mid '90s. From your description and hours it should be a good machine. The timing belt isn't too hard to do after you remove the radiator etc after propping the arms up. The Pug motor is similar to a car motor and was mainly used in cars usually with a turbo. Just make sure to get the timing right. The Pug diesel is an XUD model and you should find plenty of info online about working on them. Over 10 million XUD diesels were built but I don't think many went to USA. I'll send you the manuals to the address you provided. Let us know how you get on. Regards AusDave
Great, thank you very much! Glad I finally found one, I read this thread like 3 months ago and I was hooked. It's sweet you are so helpful, you should be the jcb rep. In the states I don't think they sell the 1cx anymore, never did a good job advertising them I guess. Last night I was trying to get an idea how to replace the tb, I saw that the flywheel needs a special tool, in your experience is it needed? Also, should I replace the tensioner, water pump while I am in? Lastly, if you were buying the machine what would you do for maintence or change before it starts working? Thank you once again for helping me out on this.
Hi Shane. The special tool for the flywheel lock is just a bit of bent rod to go through the holes to stop the engine from accidentally turning while changing the belt. You should be able to fabricate something similar to do the job. Likewise locking the camshaft and injection pump gears with 8mm metric bolts shouldn't be a problem. Just double check everything as you go to make sure it all goes together properly. If there are any leaks from the waterpump or roughness in its bearings replace it, but if it feels ok let it be as the hours your machine has done aren't that high. Likewise the idlers/tensioner just check the bearings for roughness/play and replace if necessary. As for maintenance before you put it to work, as well as the timing belt I would change all oils and filters, grease everything and check everything for tightness, adjustment and leaks. Check everything functions correctly and that nothing is broken or cracked. Degrease and wash all over especially under the floor. Check no hoses are rubbing on anything. Use carefully until you get used to it and feel for anything untoward. Let us know how it goes. Then have fun AusDave
Thank you AusDave! I'm excited to get the machine. A few more quick questions. The unit is missing the left engine cover and since you have seen a few of these beasts, do all the units have the same cowling? I found one one eBay uk for 65$ but the seller has no idea if it will fit. Also, the machine is missing the safety support and I haven't been able to locate one. Do you know if there is anywhere that has used parts, or any ideas on what to use if they are nla? Lastly, what kind of buckets can I get for this? Do the standard bobcat quick connect buckets work or is it some kind of jcb only hook up? Thank you once again for all your help, once the machine comes in ill send some pics! Have a great day!
Haha I forgot the most important question. What are the filter numbers I need so I can get everything in advance of arrival. Appreciate it again, and thank you for all the help.
Hi Shane. As long as the engine cover is the correct side it should fit. A lot of components on the 1CX have stayed the same over time making parts a bit easier. For the safety support try the Digger Doctor in the UK. They wreck a lot of JCB machines so they may be able to help. Buckets with the correct sized pins and ear spacing will work on the 1CX regardless of what machine they came from. Excavators around the 2 ton size should be similar. Take your measurements off an existing bucket and go to an excavator wreckers and see what you can fined that's close. It's easy enough with a welder to modify a suitably sized bucket to suit. As for filters, the Baldwin cross-reference catalogue shows the 1CX and its filters. They are common to other machines. Have fun, AusDave
Thanks, AusDave for all the help. Hopefully it will arrive next week and I can start digging away! Take care once it arrives I will update. This is the most expensive thing I have bought site unseen so wish me luck.
Jcb 1cx Hi , I take this post to introduce myself: My name is John, I 'm Spanish and just bought a 1cx excavator jcb 1995, with peugeot engine. Now I have several problems: The electrical system is in poor condition and the valve(HUSCO) blade and attachment is giving problems. Also fails the drive motor. I asked for help to jcb , but even within 2 weeks can not move . I 'm an industrial mechanic , but I never touched any excavator , so I ask for help in this forum to see if AusDave can provide me the service manual,and any documentation that can help me to solve the problems. thanks in advance.my mail is in the profile . If I 'm doing something wrong , I apologize . Regards
Hi Juan. I've sent you the manuals via the email address you supplied. Let us know how you get on fixing the 1CX. Also posting some photos of your 1CX here would be good too. Regards AusDave
Jcb 1cx Thank you very much for the manuals AusDave. Looking electric and hidrahulics schemes, I think one of the problems I have is the pressure reducing valve (9), because when active the joystick boot, (right hand), nothing happens and when I active the travel control, (joystick hand left) engine wants to move, but it seems braking. Someone can confirm that the reducing valve is the one on the ground under the fuses? interlock Relay (16),is the same as the Neutral start relay (D)? Another problem is that when I turn on the engine, the blade connected to the accessory socket, opens by itself and if I try to close the engine go down because the hidrahulic oil seems not return to the tank. I believe the slide is blocked because the solenoids are good. With this information, if anyone can provide help, I'd be grateful. I'll start on Monday to check everything with the help of manuals, and ire saying progress. Also furnishes photographs of the machine. Regards
Hi Pricos. So many possibilities of things that could be wrong If the machine wants to move but the brakes seem to be on then perhaps the brakes are locked on because the safety lockout is not disengaging. Also this will mean the loader won't be able to work either as the safety lockout disables most hydraulic systems apart from the backhoe. Is the backhoe working ok? If the 4 in 1 bucket opens by itself, (I think that's what you mean?), you must have something wrong in the wiring which is causing the hydraulic flow to be permanently on in one direction. The switch on the joystick and the switch on the control panel could also be shorting. I think the best place to start would be with the electrics as the problems you describe can all be caused by faulty wiring, solenoids, relays, fuses and switches. Dust, vibration, poor maintenance, abrasion causing short or open circuits and bad electrical repairs by previous owners can cause all kinds of symptoms and in my experience is the first thing to fix. The original wiring in the JCB is usually yellow and written on the wiring are numbers which you can trace using the wiring diagrams in the manual. It's not a pleasant job as everything is dirty hard to see and access and often someone has been there before and made a mess and possibly added additional wiring which just adds to the problem. Just take your time and be patient and work through the circuits. If you have someone who is an automotive electrical expert that can be very helpful. Let us know how it goes, AusDave
Jcb 1cx Hello AusDave , Thanks for answering. I have solved part of the problem, was a faulty wiring in the neutral start relay, I think the previous owner installed reversing switches on the joystick (attached photos) and the electrical connections of reversing the neutral had properly connected to the relay start . Backhoe work well , and 4 to 1, the problem is mechanical , I removed the two solenoids and continues to open itself, when the engine is running.Maybe either dirt or a broken spring regards
Hi Pricos. I think the problem with the 4 in one is still electrical. Are you sure you have removed the solenoids? I think you may be referring to the relays? I'm fairly sure the solenoids for the auxiliary hydraulics which supply the 4 in 1 bucket operation are part of the loader valve under the floor. You would need to see if one of the solenoids there are getting power when they shouldn't. I think that you have a wiring problem and need to trace and check the wires from the auxiliary switches, (on the panel and on the joystick), all the way through the system. I think you will then find your problem. Seeing some non yellow wires in the photos makes me think someone before you has been messing with the wiring after having an electrical problem. Regards AusDave
Hi AusDave . The problem is mechanical. the loader valve ( HUSCO ) is wrong. Solenoids removed, with the engine running: loader opens itself . If I power the joystick ( R.H. ) , to raise the charger: loader opens itself . If I power the joystick ( R.H. ) , to turn the charger: loader opens itself . The loader valve is connected internally. I asked to jcb for the valve replacement or repair , but not parts, for this. The solution: independent valve for the 4 in 1 bucket , with a parallel hidrahulic circuit and plug the old valve , leaving it disconnected. regards
Hi finally got the 208 last week, I have been busy and did not have a chance to get on the forum. So far I changed the filters and a few other things. The machine works great so far, I have not did much with it thou. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.
There is a tracked 1CX for sale on ebay UK. Don't know if £39700 is expensive for one of these. Never seen a second hand one for sale before. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262591188247?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT Graham
Freewheel JCB 208 Hello, I am going to look at a JCB 208 for sale that has a blown engine. Is there any hydraulic neutral or disconnect that would enable me to freewheel it to load it on a trailer? Thanks!!!
Hello Jayrowe, According to the owners manual, you can tow (drag) a disabled machine up to 20m (65ft) at no more than 1kph (0.6mph). I say drag because the brakes will be locked on. To do it properly is a bit of job and it might be easier to get a crane to lift it onto the trailer. The following is for machines serial number from 751012... 1. Chock the wheels. 2. Remove the floor plates to access the hydrostatic pumps (you may be better to remove the inspection cover from underneath). 3. Under the pump(s) there are four by-pass plungers that should be pushed in. This will open valves to allow oil to flow through the pump when the wheels turn. (The plungers will reset when the engine is next started) 4. Remove the hydraulic motor covers (the boxes on either side of the machine). 5. Unscrew the plug in the center of the brake cover. 6. Manufacture two pullers from steel bar and M12 (12mm metric) bolts. I told you it wouldn't be easy! 7. Attach the puller screwing the bolt into the brake pressure disk and turn one more turn to release the brake. In my opinion, you could just remove the brake covers (and the large spring washer underneath) and the brakes would be released. Let me know if you want to go this route and I'll post the two pages from the manual. If you can get your trailer close enough you could just drag the machine (with a winch or excavator). Hope that helps. Chris.
Just found some info for earlier machines (up to serial number 751011) 1. Chock the wheels. 2. Remove the floor plates to access the hydrostatic pumps. 3. On either side of the pumps there are two relief valves (internal hex, 4 in total). Loosen each valve by no more than 4 turns. 4. Then you have to use a hydraulic hand pump to pressurize the brake circuit to 12 bar (174psi). You have to locate a T-connector and disconnect and cap off a hose before doing so. Again it's a lot of trouble.
As AussieChris has said it's a pain to set up the machine to tow onto a trailer or truck. When the timing belt failed in one of my machines I dragged it onto the back of the truck up the ramps which I lined with tin and greased with waste vegetable oil. I have a crane on the truck and it quite easily pulled the 1CX up quite steep ramps. You could use a decent winch or come along to do what my crane did. Just be sure to keep the ramps nice and level so your machine doesn't slide off sideways. AusDave
Thanks for the responses! It sounds like it might be easiest (and quickest) to just pull it on a trailer with a winch and use some sort of grease to make it slide easy. I'm going to look at it today and make a decision. Thanks again.
Keep us posted about how the move goes and also about what you find when you tear into the engine. That's if you end up buying it of course. And talk to AusDave if it is the Peugeot engine. It might have had a timing belt failure and he knows all about what's likely to be involved. Chris.
Leg room on a 1CX Is anyone able to comment on the amount of leg room for the operator? I am 195 cm and the images i have seen on the net make me think things will be a bit cramped. Thanks in advance.
Hello Terry, Yes, at 195cm you will find the 1CX pretty cramped for leg room compared to a full sized hoe. You could head down to CEA at 103 Axis Place, Larapinta and sit in a new one. They always have one or two out in the yard and the new tracked model is worth a curious look too. Beware though, the new series 2 machines (like at CEA) generally have servo controls which means there are no excavator control levers coming out of the rear floor. If you are buying an older machine then those controls reduce the leg room even more. I find my machine is not too cramped but I'm only a short arse (175cm). I also have the low canopy height option (100mm lower than normal) and it's fine for me but you would want the normal height. Having said all that, you can't beat the versatility and maneuverability of these little machines. I can get more work done with mine on a heavily wooded block than I ever could with my full sized machine. Good luck in your quest.
Hi Terry. AussieChris has summed it up pretty well. There's not a lot of room and I'm about the same size as Chris. However it also depends on what you are comparing the 1CX to. Many mini excavator cabs are quite cramped so the 1CX may not seem too bad in comparison. You have a bit of seat adjustment which allows your legs more room and the pilot backhoe models have a bit more legroom. As Chris says try one for size and you'll know for sure. I notice you're in Brisbane the same as Chris, you may be able to contact him and try his one for size? And definitely they are a versatile machine. Nothing I've seen can match their capabilities. AusDave
Thanks Dave. I suppose that the comparison would be to a 1 tonne excavator. This was small but allowed for leg room in various positions so overall it was comfortable. I noted on one of the reviews that they can be operated whilst the chair is at 45 degrees. this may allow for better comfort. The only machines I have been able to find are outside of Melbourne so I want to be certain before I fly down to buy one. The machines are late nineteen nineties with around 1000 hrs on them. This doesn't add up to me so I will probably go to see them as a matter of course. I was talking to a friend about how twenty years ago you would only ever see backhoe loader. I think the 1cx is going to be a welcome addition to the family.
Thanks Chris. What vintage is your machine? The one I am looking at is a 1998 model. I'll go down and check out the new one though just to check the size and have something to salivate over.
Mine is a 2011 (sold new in 2012) and has the servo/pilot controls same as the new ones at CEA. I too have read that you can operate them with the seat at 45 degrees but that doesn't work on my machine. The seat has to be fully forward or fully rearward. You can override the controls and drive the machine while facing backwards (or operate the excavator while facing forwards) but not at the same time as you can on the older non-pilot series so there are advantages to both models. I hope you can find a good machine. I wouldn't be without mine and I don't know why they are not more popular.
Hi Lewy, I have a similar machine to yours (year and engine) and I am experiencing the same issues yours seems to have. Did you find a resolution? Thanks, Greg
Hello, I am a new owner of a 2003 JCB 208s and was wondering if anyone has a copy of the service manual and/or user manual. I'm excited to go over it and make sure everything is good.
A HUGE THANKS!! to AusDave for being such an amazing help to everyone across the world with this thread. I'm going to be picking up my JCB 208s tomorrow and will update on how it goes.
Hello all! I joined this forum to see if maybe you could help me with a problem i am having with my 1cx (serial 0752898) the loader hydraulics seem to be weak and slow while the parking brake is released (switch off) however, if the parking brake switch is on (brake applied) the loader operates quickly and strong, (normally). I have the floor board out of the machine. I am leaning toward some kind of restriction in the float valve. I have no informatiin or manuals on the machine... the front bucket has a clam shell attachment. I have also noticed that if another hydraulic function is dead headed, the loader operates normally until i release the other function, then it returns to sluggish and weak. Also the loader will not move at all with the brake released until i rev the engine up. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Hi guys, another new fella here ! I've just bought a 1997 1cx with 1200 hours Perkins and was looking for info online when I came across this forum. The jcb is in good condition with 4 in 1 and 450 mm backhoe bucket. It also came with pallet forks and a screed bar. Does anyone know if there are any compatible excavator buckets to fit the backhoe or does it only take genuine job buckets that suit the 1cx? I believe the front loader is standard bobcat as I will be looking for a grapple as well. It didn't come with a spare wheel... Again does anyone know if they are just jcb pattern or similar to another skid steer? Any help or advice would be appreciated Cheers Mike
Hi CSmith. The problem could be hydraulic or electrical or both! Best to check the hydraulic pressures and circuitry related to the hydraulic system to narrow down the cause. It's not a wise idea just to start taking bits apart on the hope it could be the cause. Diagnosis is your friend. Send me a message with your email and I can send you some JCB 1CX operation and service manuals which may help you sort out the problem. AusDave
Hi Mike, good to hear another Aussie on the 1CX thread Sounds like a nice machine with some useful attachments. Any excavator bucket which has the same pin size and spacing will suit your machine. However there never seem to be any around when you need one. However it's not hard to find a bucket thats matches the size of your machine, say off a 1.5 to 3 tonne excavator, and with a bit of work with the gas axe and welder make up ears and pins to suit your machine. The front end takes Bobcat attachments so you should be able to take most skidsteer grapples. Don't know if the wheels are similar to Bobcat ones. The easiest way to deal with punctures on a job is to have a tubeless tyre repair kit, plug the holes and put the air back. Faster than changing a tyre and will fix most punctures unless they are long cuts. Send me a message with your email and I can send you some JCB 1CX operation and service manuals. Let me know if I can help you further, AusDave ph: 0411 572 725
Hi Dave Thanks for your reply and info, I will keep an eye out for buckets for sale on gumtree. I don't seem to be able to send a direct message as I'm new to the forum however I'd love to get copies of the manuals from you. My email address is [email protected] Thanks again for your help mate Cheers Mike
Hi Mike, When I was looking for replacement dig buckets I was unable to find a match with any other machine. On my 1CX (a late model) the pin set out for the bucket is as follows... Pin Diameter (P/D) - 35mm Between Ears (D/W) - 135mm Pin Centres (C/C) - 130mm I realize you're looking for a 2nd hand one but I ended up getting a brand new 350mm bucket custom made locally and although it cost about $900, I'm really happy with it and it's super strong. I've attached photos to show how it is a more conventional excavator shape than the original JCB squat shape (which is bizarre). So like Dave said, you should be able to get hold of any suitable sized excavator bucket and re-do the ears to suit the 1CX. Congrats on the new acquisition by the way. Chris.
Hi Chris Thanks for your reply and information regarding buckets. The one that you had had made looks really great and I see what you mean about the depth of the bucket. I will keep an eye out for a used 600mm that can get modified otherwise If I cant find one I will get one made like you did. Cheers ate, regards Mike
Hi Guys Just doing some more research on backhoe buckets for the 1cx and noticed that in the operators manual that AusDave very kindly emailed to me that JCB 803 and Kubota KX71 / KH60 / KH66 mini excavators share the same buckets and are compatible with each other. They have the same pin dimensions etc as Chris stated in his post above. I just thought that I would share this info with you guys just incase anyone else was looking for buckets to suit their machine. Regards Mike
Thanks Mike. In defence of the squat JCB buckets, of which I have a few, the shape of the bucket maximises the breakout forces at the teeth which is really helpful digging out stumps, roots and trees. Tiger teeth are also helpful. Regards AusDave
Hello AusDave, If've seen that you helped may people by sending them the manuals of the JCB 1cx via email. A friend of mine is a happy owner of one of these machines since last Friday, and I'd like to surprise him with the manuals. My email address is [email protected] I'd really appreciate if you could send me the files. thank you very much in advance for your help! br, FDA
Hi, I'm buying a JCB 1CX and you could clarify 2 things in my mind : - I've heard about mechanical play issue in the backhoe rotation system on 1CX early version. The problem has been fixed by replacing the mechanichal gear by an hydraulic worm screw. Is it correct? since when can we found the hydraulic worm? I'm worried about having found a year 2004 1CX with mechanical gear for backhoe rotation system. Is it possible? - concerning engine type. Is there a period when 1CX could be equipped with Peugeot or Perkins (as an option) engine? Since when can we found 1CX with peugeot engine? after 2000 or not? Bruno
Hi Bruno. I don't think JCB has changed anything with regard to the backhoe slew mechanism which is what you refer to as the backhoe rotation system. It has always been a rack and pinion style and the same system is used on the tracked version of the 1CX as well. Like any component it can wear and develop some play. It is a very simple & durable system and easy to maintain and service. Early 1CX machines in the 1990's had Peugeot engines but I think virtually all machines were Perkins especially after 2000. It's easy to tell a Peugeot 1CX as it has the exhaust coming from the side of the engine cover whereas the Perkins engine comes through the top of the bonnet. If the 1CX is well maintained they are an extremely useful and reliable backhoe. Regards AusDave
Hi Dave. Good to see your still around helping us 1CX tragics! Do you know if the slew rack and pinion can be shimmed at all to reduce play? Mine has a bit more slack than I would like but not enough to warrant replacing the rack and pinion parts.
Hi Chris. From my experience and looking at the service manual there doesn't appear to be any way to adjust the slew play. I think it's the nature of this type of slew system. Being so close to the backhoe pivot point means a tiny bit of play is magnified many times over a couple of metres away at the bucket. Plus the fact that there is a bit of bounce in the hydraulic system as well. It just takes a bit of practice to get used to it and then you can place your bucket within a centimetre or two of where you want it. Other slew systems with two rams, such as larger backhoes like the 3CX, can have less play but can wear quicker at the pivot points as they are often covered in dirt and mud and not necessarily greased as frequently as they should be. Regards AusDave
Hello, I am interested in buying a used 1CX, and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. There are a couple near me (Portugal), and I was wondering what I should look out for. What are some of the common problems that older 1CXs have? One I am hoping to go and look at is a 2007 with 2800 hours for €22,000. It has been 'refurbished', which going by the photos means repainted. The positive is that it looks very nice, the negative is that it could be hiding all sort s of rust and corrosion. Although rust is not a huge problem in Portugal, certainly nothing like in Northern Europe. Were there any major changes throughout the production run? Are there any model years that should be avoided? Also (AusDave I'm looking at you), does anyone have an operator's manual and service manual for a 2007ish model? Cheers.
Hi Mattsubishi. There are no "problem years" that I am aware of. Of course in more recent years, (mine are from the last century), all machines have become more complex with more reliance on electronic systems. The best advice I can give is to take someone like a reputable diesel fitter/mechanic with you who has experience in earthmoving equipment and have him run operational tests and inspect as much as possible. Chances are he'll find faults which will a) enable to to knock down the price or b) stop you from buying a poorly maintained money pit. Either way you are ahead even if you had to pay for the diesel fitter/mechanic. I do have the operator and service manuals which I can send you if you send me your email address to dave at machelp.com.au (remove spaces and change at to @). Not sure if they cover all the features of a 2007 model but they'll cover most things. Regards AusDave
Hello AusDave & everyone. Yesterday I brought myself a 1CX, a little tired, but very, very cheap. I started working on it this afternoon & now, like so many before me, I'm hunting the manuals. It's an old Peugeot & seemed to have more quite a bit more oil than it wanted. I've now removed an excess 2 litres & it turns over much more happily, hopefully it'll start in the morning & I'll get a better idea of its health.. So, like the many people before me, could someone please help me out with the manuals. ( [email protected] ) Your help will be greatly appreciated! P.s. Thank you all for this wonderful thread, there is a massive lack of information about this machine out there & all your comments have been extremely useful to me! My sincere thanks to all the contributors!
Thanks AusDave for supplying me with the manuals, very helpful reading! Yesterday I managed to sneak 15 more minutes of work in before having to leave my new toy behind. After removing all that excess oil it did manage to run for about 6 seconds, before dying & then refusing to turn over. Which is what the previous owner said happened for him. Although only brief, the engine sounded quite good. After my reading I have a suspicion that the Auxiliary Hydraulic switch is turned on.. here's hoping that's all it is! If anyone has other ideas, I'd love to hear them. The machine will hopefully arrive Thursday for further investigation & much tlc! Thank you all for your posts, the information shared has been most valuable! Ezra.
Hi Ezra. Looks similar to one of my machines complete with the Banbury sticker. Looks like you have a quick hitch on the backhoe? Very handy if it has. As it has the Peugeot engine, the first thing you need to do is replace the timing belt. Unless you have absolute proof it has been done recently. It's not a big or hard job for a competent mechanic but if it fails you'll need a new cylinder head. (Don't ask me how I know that ) You may also need to know Rouse Hill Tractors in Sydney ph: 02 9629 1296 They have a good parts supply for the 1CX and other JCB equipment, usually at better prices than the official JCB outlets, and good knowledge as well. My auxiliary hydraulic gear pump started leaking on a job last week and after a good clean up under the floor, I found that it had developed a small crack in the aluminium case I rang Rouse Hill and they had one in stock which I should have today. Just one of those things with machinery, sooner or later things need fixin'. Keep us posted on progress, regards AusDave
Hello AusDave, One of your machines? How many of these little beauties are you hoarding?!! The previous owner informed me that he transported this machine from over east some years ago (Victoria if the number plate is anything to go by). He had used it on his block to do the earthworks for a couple of houses & his gardens, left it with a friend when he returned overseas & I suspect that that "friend" gave the poor little thing a bit of a flogging, till it stopped. Since when it has been sitting out in the open (about a year). They tried unsuccessfully to get it going a while ago, after giving it a basic service.. but their mechanical knowledge is minimal at best & so it was left sitting some more. Until Her who shall not be disobeyed required that it "go"... as it turns out, She had meant across the yard... but I had already purchased it & whisked it away to safety (Ha!) I am building a little shed in the back yard, which has got 700mm deeper & 500mm taller since I returned home two days ago.. So for the future, my new little friend will have a nice protected home. Yes, you are indeed correct, it does have the quick hitch coupling... & I had not even noticed that! I was doing some reading last night and thinking that I should look into procuring one of those! (Twit?) So... thanks for actually looking on my behalf! I have seen & heeded your warnings re the timing belt... & will be ordering one as soon as I can figure out which is the right one, plus all the associated bits (idlers, water pump, etc.) If I am going in there, I may as well replace them all, if for nothing more than peace of mind. (I suspect minimal maintenance on this machine since it has been in the West... and I do not feel like having the kind of adventure you have obviously had.) Thanks for the contact info for Rouse Hill Tractors, I greatly appreciate knowing where some parts are likely to be hiding! I am sorry to hear about your auxiliary hydraulic pump, that is most disappointing. As you say, given time all things need attention, I am hoping my machine wont need too many new parts to be getting on with. However, I have already started my list... Thanks for your help & interest, AusDave. Greatly appreciated, Ezra
hello ,having a 2005 jcb 1cx deliverd next week any advice on jobs or or what i should check for before i put it to work also can the control pattern been changed as i am used to operating kubota mini diggers,any manuals or information would be great as i will be doing own maintenance.
Hi Fresh. I do have the operator and service manuals which I can send you if you send me your email address to dave at machelp.com.au (remove spaces and change at to @). Regards AusDave
AUS DAVE,that would be a brilliant gesture.cheers fresh.will send you e mail as asked.
Hi AusDave (and everyone else): Thanks for maintaining the best 1CX owners club around! I plan on buying one of these little wonders in the coming weeks and would like to get my reading ahead so if you could send me those heavily sought off manuals I would be much obliged. Thanks I'll send you an emal to your email stated in the other posts. Thanks.
Hi! I bought a used 1 cx from 1999 without operating and service manual. Can you send me the PDF files? Thank you! E-mail: [email protected]
Hello! I bought a 1 cx from 1999 with Perkins motor. I just want to ask if someone has the operator and service manual for this JCB. My e-mail adress: [email protected] Thank you and have a nice day!
Hi all, just bought a 1996 1cx that has the Peugeot XUD9 motor. The motor is very smokey and has a bearing knock .Runs well but i would like the machine to be 100% so a engine rebuilt looks like the go. Wondering if anyone knows the engine removal procedure? Bucket up? down? I assume you unbolt the pump and pull the engine out front? any advice would be appreciated
no replys looks like im the only one ever to do this..Stay tuned
Hi, the engine can be changed with arms down, I did one earlier this year and couldn't raise the arms because the engine was u/s! Remove radiator, bonnet, starter and exhaust etc, some of the bolts are difficult to access around the pump to engine flange, but after they're removed the engine lifts out easy.
i raised the arms and and went that way, bottom pump bolt was a challenge but went got it out eventually
Hey mate how did you go with the engine rebuild. im currently looking at a full overhaul since my XUD9 decided to spit a glowplug and leave the snapped off tip inside the cylinder pot... im looking through the UK shop that holds a lot of the parts for decent prices. Ill probably end up getting the block refurbished and rebuild from the bottom up.
Hi splitty. Have you taken the head off to see what damage has been done? There are some good sources for some XUD parts in Australia. Regards Dave
Hi Dave. Good to see your still active. Im going to do a big write up on my adventures with the 1CX but for now. .. Iv pulled the engine out using a couple lever blocks and slings off the bucket and arms. Dismantled the entire engine and found pretty much every bearing needs replacing. Head seems redeemable. But iv seen a complete head with cam for $700 US. Ill weigh up options when im back home. A bloke is reconditioning the block and crank. For a few hundred $$$. He also put me onto the peugot cars which have a turbo diesel XUD9. Found one on facebook and spent a day driving to covid central(Brisbane) and picked it up for $700. It was a hoons car and had been thrashed and boosted and all sorts of abusive "tunes". I got it home and literaly got a grinder and cut the engine out in 2hours. Stripped off the turbo and sump off then bolted the 1CX extras to it(alternator, fuel pump and intake/exhaust) Tossed it in the skidhoe and away she went. Some injector cleaner in the fuel and a sump of clean oil. She loves it. Considering its a engine with 367,000kms. So a new engine for ~$900 not including my time and consumables. Hopefully it keeps running and gives me time to rebuild the other engine from scratch. So if any one needs and engine i might have a spare sitting in my shed soon.
Hi regarding your 4-1 bucket what brand is that and where can I get one. Looks like it will grade as well. thanks in advance .
Hi Adrenal. The JCB 1CX has the Bobcat style quick attach for the front bucket so you can use any 5 foot wide 4 in 1 bucket which will fit on a Bobcat.
Hi AusDave, thanks for the response. I currently have one, although your is much longer meaning in depth. Did you customize it?
Hi Adrenal. Someone customised the bucket before I bought it giving it a longer floor and tiger teeth! It's definitely better when you have to dig and carry for a distance. Much bigger capacity = less trips. Can be a bit light in the tail going down steep hills though
A 3rd JCB 1CX has joined the team! Only 230 hours on the clock Has high flow and extendable dipper on the backhoe. Fully mine specced with just about everything that will fit into/onto the machine. Looking forward to working it ... away from trees/ shrubs and other glass and light breaking obstacles. Got the open cab 1Cx for those jobs.
Neat machine but looks like a bunch of hoses (backhoe especially) are just waiting to get ripped off. Could you take some pic's. of the engine compartment and how easy/hard it is to access and work on?
Hi Dave. The trick with the hoses, like the cab glass is to keep them away from everything! Fortunately those hoses are pretty much in your line of sight when you use the backhoe so you can avoid anything catching on them. There are a lot of hoses on the hoe as the machine has auxiliary hydraulic lines, extendable dipper lines and a hydraulic quick hitch! Its' usually the lines you can't see that get hit by a stick or stump coming up from underneath. Fortunately they're pretty well protected. I'll try and get a pic of the engine compartment. It's actually easy to get access and work around the engine. When you lift the arms to full height and chock them you have really good access to both sides of the engine when you remove the engine side screens. If you want more access you can remove the radiator and radiator frame with only a few bolts and you have good access to the front and sides of the engine. However if you've got to access hydraulics and other bits under the cab floor it's tight access
I should take my own advice. Working on this backfilling job, it's hard to see, but the cab door is now missing. A lovely piece of toughened glass, it resisted backing into a tree while open, even bending one heavy steel hinge However the tree didn't yield and I didn't notice I'd left the door open, and with a bang the door became a thousand glass fragments Over $800 and a few weeks later I replaced the door. Next time i'm working in and amongst trees I'll slip the door off for the duration of the job.
Thank you you i appreciate the info. By any chance do you know what the maximum pitch or incline these machines can handle_
Hi Adrenal. There are a lot of variables as to what slope or sideslope the 1CX can handle. The 1CX has quite a low centre of gravity and can handle a reasonable sideslope if the ground is solid. But this would decrease in softer ground as the downhill side tyres would sink in more increasing the angle and you could easily roll the machine if not careful. Also keep your bucket low on a sideslope to maintain stability. Travelling up and down slopes once again if the ground is solid you can climb and drive down quite steep slopes before you feel one end of the machine becoming very light. A full bucket when travelling forward uphill will give you better weight distribution and climbing ability. Just be careful on steep slopes when emptying it as it may change the weight distribution too much. On softer ground your ability to climb a slope will be limited by traction which you will lose and will limit your climbing ability. Generally experience with the 1CX will enable you to judge the capability of the machine on a variety of slopes. Just take it easy and keep your bucket low
AusDave. I would appreciate it if you could send me the manuals at [email protected] I bought a jsb 1cx, 1995, the engine was replaced, but by the previous owner, but it was never assembled to the end, you need to connect the wiring and pipes, is there any engine cooling circuit, Peugeot engine Thank you very much
Foto
Hello, I bought a jcb 1cx, 1995, Peugeot, the previous owner replaced the motor, but did not connect the cooling system, everything is completely disconnected, does anyone have a diagram of how to connect the pipes, where they should go, who can help? Thank you in advance
Not a very common machine in N. America. A service manual with some pics. would probably help you.
Привіт! Підкажіть, як ця частина підключається, я так розумію це теплообмінник для охолодження гідравліки, може у кого є фото куди підключити?
I am new member and new owner of 1 AusDave I could sure Use the owners manual for the 1998jcb 208s. If u could send me a copy it would b greatly appreciated
Hi Jerry. What's your email address to send the manuals to? Kind regards Dave
1998 JCB 208S 1CX GMAIL IS [email protected] m
Eagerly awaiting your email. My Gmail again [email protected] Operators manual JCB208S 1CX THANKS in advance
Hello mindenkinek! Örülök, hogy rátaláltam az oldalra, és a bejegyzéseket olvasva sok új információhoz jutottam. Most olyan problémám van, ami már nagyon kínos.Az 1CX Hf gépem (2005) Munka közben elakadt a jobbkormányos motor./2 éves/ Nem megy, csak csikorog. A helyben leszedtem a fékburkolatot és megnéztem a belső alátétgyűrűt és a féktárcsákat. Mivel fiatal a motor nem tapad a tengely és az alátétgyűrű is jó állapotban van./fékcsomag 28,1mm/ összeraktam. Utána tudtam rámpázni. Aztán itthon megint nem megy, nyikorog, csikorog. AusDave küldött egy könyvet, ebből kiindulva sok oka lehet. Kíváncsi vagyok, volt-e valami hasonló? és hogyan javítottad meg? Köszönöm
Posts need to be in English.
Sorry for the previous non-English. Unfortunately, English doesn't work, but the translator will help Hello everyone! I am glad I found the site and learned a lot of new information reading the posts. Now I have a problem that is already very embarrassing. My 1CX Hf machine (2005) The right-hand drive motor got stuck while working./2 years old/ It doesn't run, it just squeaks. I removed the brake cover on the spot and checked the inner shim ring and the brake discs. Since the engine is young, it is not dented, the axle and the brake package are also in good condition./brake package 28.1mm/ I put it together. After that I was able to drive 200m and climb a ramp. Then after starting it at home, it doesn't work again, it squeaks, it squeaks. AusDave sent a book, based on that there could be many reasons. I wonder if there has been anything similar? and how did you fix it? Thanks