Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 208S CRANK / NO START

MARKB123 ยท 2025-03-13 11:27

Im working on a 208 with a perkins. It ran fine and than shut off all of a sudden and wont start. It didn't feel like it ran out of fuel. It cranks but wont even try to start. replaced fuel filter and visually inspected lines. There is no fuel at the injectors. Im not getting power to the engine shut off / shut off works when i apply power. With power applied the rod gets sucked in and when not applied it's out but it dosn't have much force behind it ( dosn't seam like theres enough force for it to do anything but im not sure how it should be ) . With lines cracked at the injectors and power supplied to the shut off and engine cranked im still not getting fuel. With starting fluid it's not even trying to start / no smoke , nothing. Fuel filter has a primer pump and it works but isn't getting hard and i feel like it sounds like there's air in the system. I just don't understand why if that is the case, why am i not getting power to the shut off and why won't it start with starting fluid. I cant imagine multiple issues occured at one time. I don' see anytime of lift pump and im guessing its in the inj pump. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. It's not my machine and im having a hard time locating anything to find year , esn etc. its an older unit. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-13 18:41

    Have all the fuel filters been changed as they are suppose to be. Some units had a filter hiding down at the bottom, next to impossible to change out. You need to find serial number and ask dealer for filter location. On the one I worked on, the engine comes out to change a fuel injection pump. The filters are more important than you can imagine, so is totally clean fuel. Not saying that is your problem, but if this unit has just been used with little maintenance, you may be in for some fun. Was the worst filter I ever changed on the one that I did. Dealer from Prince George B.C. wanted almost $2000 dollars to do it 10 years ago. I did it for $700 and would not do it again. Simon C