Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 208s hydraulic light/buzzer going off

NavinJ · 2021-03-05 11:57

Hello, I have a 1998 JCB 208s, my hydraulic light/buzzer is going off. ( transmission oil pressure light) At first it went away when I reved throttle up. (Fluid level fine, oil not old) I decided to change hydraulic filter as precaution. It did not help. Now it seems to stay on all the time weather I rev it up or not! Sometimes goes out when I move seat or use backhoe. Machine seems to operate fine. Is there a screen or something I need to clean besides filter? Is there a suction strainer on this machine? Location? Is there a sensor that could be acting up? Location of sensor? Pls advise, thanks in advance.

Replies7
  1. #1hookedondiesel2021-03-06 07:45

    If it's the trans oil Pressure light as you say, it could be the sensor, on mine it's near the bottom of the trans on the drivers side if I recall. Had the same issue and sensor was leaking. You should also check the connection and wiring to the sensor. Looks like this... https://www.ebay.com/itm/JCB-Parts-...-Red-Part-No-701-41600-701-37300/264184632925

  2. #2NavinJ2021-03-06 08:50

    Ok that’s great , thanks for the reply. I thought sensor was up by hydraulic filter. I’ll look around for what you describe and let you know.

  3. #3NavinJ2021-03-06 10:00

    Ok, I ordered sensor, my part # slightly different, mine is a 1998 model that’s why I guess. Won’t be here for a week or too, so I’ll let you know. Anyhow, Since you own same machine, have you ever had parking brake safety switch go off because seat isn’t in exactly right position. Have you ever had to adjust that? Not sure how to adjust mine. Maybe that’s just a worn switch too lol. Thanks again, not too many people have these odd ball machines around here! And dealer too far away and IMO REALLY EXPENSIVE. So I got no one to ask. Really appreciate your help!

  4. #4skata2021-03-07 00:56

    Those pressure switches are known to go bad. I'm sure the seat has a sensor that needs adjusting....

  5. #5hookedondiesel2021-03-07 08:10

    My parking brake is "internal" in the transmission itself. No adjustment that I'm aware of. Flip the parking brake switch on side panel and it locks up the trans. As Skata suggested, could be just an adjustment.

  6. #6skata2021-03-07 10:55

    Isn't the parking brake on most jcbs a lever that applies the brake pads on a disc on the output shaft of the trans? Or do You have a switch for parking brake?

  7. #7hookedondiesel2021-03-08 10:23

    I have a switch, no lever.