Has any one owned or operated a JCB 210 backhoe? I have never acutally seen one in person. I have seen a few on E-Bay for sale. I presently own a Earthforce EF 4 which is about 47hp and about 9000 lbs. I would like something just a tad larger. I dont want to go to a large back hoe because of the type of work I do and I would have to purchase a larger trailer and truck. How much smaller is a JCB 210 than a Case 480? I have seen a Case 480 and I think it is too large for the type of work I do. I do alot small jobs in confined spaces. How roomy is the cab on the JCB, does it have enough digging power, does it have enough power in mud, how moneverable is it, what kind of maintaince or repairs have you had? Any information will be greatly appreciated. If you know of any one who owns one that I could just look at within 100 miles let me know. I would just like to inspect one visually before I jump in and buy one.
I've got a buddy that has one and he likes it well enough but he doesn't work it except on his own farm. I had a 214S and the machine was very maneuverable in four wheel steer. My main complaint with JCB is limited parts and service in Alabama and those British metric standard threads on the hydraulic fittings. They were hard to come by.
DirtGuy: Is it a 210 that your friend has? The 210 is a smaller backhoe than the 214. I have seen a few on E-Bay for sale, but I have not actually seen one in person. Would like to talk to some one who has owned one to see how they like it. Like I said, I have a Earthforce EF4, same as a Bobcat B300 or Ingersoll 370. It is just a whisker small. And I would like to get one with a enclosed cab, which the JCB 210 has. I would hate to get one and find out that they have alot of trouble with them. There is not very many backhoes in the 10,000 -11,000 class. I dont want to go any larger . When you see your friend ask him if he mind if I call him and ask him some questilons. You can send me a private e-mail of his phone # . Is it smaller than a Case 480, which is too large for my work. Thanks.
I would say that the 210 is smaller then the case.I think all the 210s come with the sideshift backhoe which is nice when using the loader in tight spots because it fold tight to the cab.All wheel steer is also very helpful.
Thanks DirtGuy: I received your e-mail and made contact with your friend and he answered alot of questions I had. Now if I could just find one on my area to actually look at. I figure dureing the winter the price will be dropping a little and if I find one on e-bay or somewhere I can jump on it and all of my research will be done.
You're welcome JW.
jcb 210 I have one. Not a bad tractor at all. I have quick attach 4 way bucket and forks. dirtguy is right about hyd hose threads. My local supplier set me up with jic adapters that work great. I keep a few on the tractor in case of a blown hose. I just go to NAPA or any equip dealer and can get a jic hose made up. Adapters are about 5.00 each. Very manuverable. Very powerful. Tow it with a ton pickup. I got mine second hand and it was rode kinda hard. Four wheel drive. JBC is proud of their parts though. Maybe not as bad as I think, this is the only dirt machine I own and have no real experience with Deere or Cat parts. Overall, I am very happy with the backhoe. Email me if you like and I will be glad to give you my phone number if you want more info. [email protected]
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums fixithud! :drinkup
John, I'd appreciate the opportunity to talk with you. I live just down the road from you in Parkersburg, WV. My company has been the JCB dealer in WV for a couple years. In July we opened a branch in Cinci, November in Louisville, March '08 will be Lexington and hopefully Columbus by June of '08, followed by Cleveland before the end of '08. Honestly, we haven't done alot with the 210 (now called a 212) in WV and Southern OH. There are a bunch of them in the Louisville market. The poured concrete guys love them over there. The previous dealer in Ohio didn't do much to make customers happy. We spend too much time making up for the sins of others in Ohio. Overall our business is growing rapidly. We have a couple 212s available and at least one 210 that was traded on a new machine. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] Chad
Thanks for the information. I'll send you a e-mail. John.
is AC an option for the cab version of the 2cx 12 ft? our local dealer isn't stocking them either. at least as of now. also, how does the hydraulics handls higher flow skid steer attachments? is there a way to control pump speed separate from vehicle speed? good luck,
For some screwy reason AC is not factory available on the 2cx 12. There's any extra pulley on the crank and a bracket for the compressor, but no A/C from the factory. I don't have my work laptop with me to see if an A/C dealer fit kit is available. Check with your local Red-Dot dealer. Most Red-Dot guys charge around $3,000 installed for A/C. You can not control pump speed independent of vehicle speed on the 2CX. It has a syncro-shuttle transmission, similar to a full-sized backhoe. Only way to do this would be a hydrostatic transmission. If you NEED that feature, you should check out the JCB MIDI-CX (hyrdrostatic). Similar size to a Deere 110. True backhoe design, but hoe is removable and 3pt hitch is available. Additionally, the loader end IS SKID STEER COMPATIBLE. It has a universal skid steer mount as standard equipment.
John, We've had a JCB 212 SU w/ a box scraper for about 7 or 8 yrs. Parts are a bit higher & take awhile longer to get here-about a week or so where as Cat parts are over night usually. This machine is a 4 way steer w/ a lockout valve for the back axel. We found ourselves stuck on stumps or buildings or caught on the edge of fills and not able to pull away w/out some damage. So we used an additional elec-hyd valve and cut into the steering circuit so as to be able to steer the back axle w/ the scraper scarfire lever when needed. The ability to steer the front and rear axles seperately made the machine unbelievably more versatile. All it takes is a flip of a switch. Also, very easy to realign wheels back straight again.
Any tips on towing a 210S. I have a bumper pull 12000# rated flat bed trailer using a F250 Powerstroke with very heavy duty hitch. Want to move it from Pioche NV. to Del Norte CO. 661 miles
I pull mine with an f 350 and 14k bumper pull... It is about all I want to haul. It is a heavy little tractor.
Thanks.... That give me some perspective. There is several hundred miles of interstate and I am concerned about being too slow for the big boys and posing a danger. Looks like I will have enough power to keep rolling at a fast enough clip.
You are right on the border line of safety. I have a 212S (same weight) and a 12k trailer. I have a Ford F350 diesel utility and I tried pulling it a couple times and I just felt like it was too much for the truck as this truck never has had the best brakes for some reason. I have elec brakes on all 4 wheels on the trailer but still feels unsafe (just too much weight) so I pull it with my low pro c-60 chev dump. It handels it nicely and has plenty of brakeing power and enough additional weight that the trailer doesnt shove it around. Remember it only takes one time for some one to cut in front of you and you have to really brake hard and have the trailer jack knife. If it is a one time move and you cant come up with a larger truck, I would be extreamely catious.
Your thoughts are well received. I do have a bigger truck but I was thinking of the fuel cost....safety is the first thought now. Thanks
Did you get a 210S or equivalent I have one and think it would be just what you are looking for. I wish it had a bigger pump, like 15 to 20 gpm so I could run motors and use it more like a skid steer. I need to build a skid steer adapter for it then it would be a lot more useful. I'm rigging it up for fence building with a post driver on the backhoe end and forks and wire winders on the other end. Combined with the field welding trailer and tool house it should make a great set of equipment. I pull it with a Dodge 3/4 ton 4WD and a 21,000 lb three axle low-boy goose neck. It is as big a load as I want to carry and a little more.
does anybody know where i can get a manual for a 1997 jcb 210s backhoe or just give me a general location of the hydraulic pump
Follow the hydraulic lines? Lower left side as the drive sits. Ontrack or google for a manual
thx cherokee101 i found the pump after i posted this....but it looks like i gotta take the turbo off cause there just is kno room to remove the pump....im really in need of a manual but cant find nd i searchd everywere
do you still have the earth force EF four? Would you be willing to trade some information about it?
I sole the Earthforce several years ago, but I will be glad t answer any questions.