Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 212 Hourmeter stopped working

woodfirst ยท 2011-03-13 18:39

I have a JCB 212S and the hour meter stopped working at 750 hours. It's digital and now has no display at all. Has anyone experienced this.....any suggestions? thanks in advance!!!

Replies2
  1. #1JCBiron2011-03-16 15:28

    Sad to say...this is kinda common on that gauge (Tach/hr meter combo)....not much you can do other than replace the gauge with a new one. We have had them go out for a period, and then the next thing you know it works for a while again. I'm not sure if they had a bad run of them or what. If u need a part number for a replacement gauge, just shoot me your machine s/n and I can get you the number.

  2. #2accumac2011-03-30 17:17

    I wouldn't buy a new JCB hour meter, (unreliable and probably expensive as most JCB parts are) that is why there are so many low hour JCB's around, their hour meters are junk. If you want your machine to always show low hours then keep buying new JCB hour meters you will be back to zero every few months. An after market hour meter that is turned on with the engine running will be much more reliable in the long run. I buy and sell lots of used JCB's, they are great machines, very innovative, but there are a few areas that I wish they would improve, hour meters is one of them.