Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 212s axle oil

Dsiss3 ยท 2019-03-09 11:34

Couple questions with a jcb 212s does the hub and the axle use the same gear oil, I also saw that it must be compatible with the emerged breaks, can anyone recommend an oil that would be comparable to jcb brand product. Also I've diagnosed a bad transmission oil pressure sensor a little while back and I've since had it unplugged I have the new sensor but wondering if I need to worry about draining the transmission or if there's no fluid at the sensor when it's not running. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1greg95042019-03-09 17:19

    What year is your machine? I have service and operators manual for about 2002 up. On Edit... hmm I see the service manual just says:

  2. #2Dsiss32019-03-09 17:46

    You sent me the links a while back and I still use them sometimes so thanks for that it's a 04

  3. #3Nige2019-03-09 17:50

    First thing that comes to mind looking at the JCB spec is an oil that meets Cat TO-4 with its capacity for wet brakes and differentials. Somewhere I saw a list of oil specs that were equivalent to the JCB special gear oil that included both TO-2 & TO-4 as well as Allison C-3 & C-4. Not sure what viscosity though, an SAE50 most probably.