Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 212S Backhoe Starter

woodfirst ยท 2014-10-07 18:49

Hi, not sure if this is an appropriate question but i have a 2001 212S that needs a new starter. Checking through JCB it cost just over $500. This seems excessive compared to others. I see earlier years on Ebay for around $150 but none for my model year. Anybody have a source for a starter significantly cheaper? thanks in advance, Gary

Replies11
  1. #1barnbuilder2014-10-08 17:48

    Got mine off Ebay. Maybe $150 shipped. Been working for about 3 years. PITA to swap out. I also put in a Odyssey battery which made a huge differnece in starting.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-10-08 18:47

    Get the part number from JCB, usually pretty easy to source a replacement.

  3. #3woodfirst2014-10-08 21:01

    Anybody have the starter part number for a 2001 JCB 212S serial number is SLP212ASYE0493795. thanks!!

  4. #4barnbuilder2014-10-08 21:49

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTER-MAR...77?hash=item23299b4c19&vxp=mtr#ht_1334wt_1153 I can look it up for you tomorrow evening if you don't have it by then.

  5. #5woodfirst2014-10-08 21:59

    Thanks Barn Buider!! I would appreciate it. I cant tell if if the starter on the link you sent will fit my year..thanks Again!

  6. #6barnbuilder2014-10-10 13:52

    Sorry fell asleep last night. I'll get it tomorrow when I get home.

  7. #7barnbuilder2014-10-13 19:50

    Ok so I'm slack. 714/26100 on the part #. My serial #SLP212AS2E0925605

  8. #8lantraxco2014-10-13 20:02

    That's the alternator?

  9. #9barnbuilder2014-10-13 20:04

    Starter. Thats what he was asking for.

  10. #10barnbuilder2014-10-13 20:06

    OOPs! 714/29500 Thanks!

  11. #11lantraxco2014-10-13 20:11

    LOL, easy mistake :drinkup