Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 212s hoe and outriggers inop

Tomkat1820 ยท 2013-07-13 20:02

Great forum! While digging out gum wood stumps I heard a buzzing noise almost like a vibration. Now the hoe and riggers won't work and the hydraulic fluid level seems to have increased. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1LT-x72013-07-14 21:30

    Are all the hydraulics dead or just the hoe and outriggers?

  2. #2Delmer2013-07-14 22:39

    Any chance you cracked or kinked a suction hose to the pump? causing it to suck air, partially fill some cylinders with air, making the noise and raising the fluid level. That's what's called a "untamed donkey guess", maybe the kind you make when it's fifty in the waterbag?!!!

  3. #3Tomkat18202013-07-14 23:25

    So I checked all the filters (which were supposed to be changed prior to purchase bought from an estate) and the one just below the floor under the cab access was the only one that wasn't fresh. Its definitely making a sucking air in the line noise. The front bucket still works and it seems to move just fine. Leading up to this I heard a buzzing type noise near the floor shifter? Btw thanks for the help! Tom

  4. #4hookedondiesel2013-07-15 06:20

    Just a wild guess here, but if there's no leaks, and the tank is filling,, could it not be your pump has let go and the fluid is returning to the tank but not getting back out to the cylinders.

  5. #5Tomkat18202013-07-15 12:05

    The track just picked it up. I'll let you know how I made out. Thanks for the help[ QUOTE=hookedondiesel;433149]Just a wild guess here, but if there's no leaks, and the tank is filling,, could it not be your pump has let go and the fluid is returning to the tank but not getting back out to the cylinders.[/QUOTE]