Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 212s series 2 steering issues

Jeff670670 ยท 2016-03-16 18:56

I have a jcb 212s. There's a steering alignment valve under the hood for when the steering gets out of alignment in crab. Years ago I could run it week and not had to touch it. Not it's gotten progressively worse. Now it's every hour I have to flip the valve. I took both cylinders off and tested them they tested fine. Just not sure where to go next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2016-03-16 21:29

    How did you test the cylinders. If the problem became worse I would suspect the piston seals leaking. Have you checked the port reliefs. Otherwise if this is like a telehandler check the springs on the valves are not broken, maybe try running the machine with the coils disconnected

  2. #2jcb jeff2016-03-17 03:51

    Hi Has your machine got power track rod with ball joints or steering rams with pins?

  3. #3Dsiss32016-07-05 22:40

    Also wondering about this problem on a 2004 212s cycliders not leaking