Here's a few pictures of the snow tires we have mounted for use on our 244 John Deere. After researching varying tire sizes and what tire we felt would do best for winter work, we came up with this package. I am offering them as a rim package for sale or with tires. Of course you could make your own, and I can even help you know what's needed, but I will say it wasn't really what I call fun, kinda time consuming and laborious. If nothing else we are sure to save our summer tires and enjoy better snow plowing traction and higher travel speeds! Time is money If interested just drop me a note. [email protected]
How many hours on that rig? Still looks good! Great job on tires!!! let us know how it works out this season,,,**How much faster does she roll?, I have the I have the stock large michelen tires (400 x??) will get rolling around 20-22 on flat surface with no load. FYI great videos on youtube. Happy Holidays, Philip
Thanks for the compliment, the machine now has a little over 850 hours, I purchased this new in 2010. It's been a great winter machine and we use it on various landscape projects and loading the small dump truck. My only complaint is it's hard to load my semi dump trailer, I wish they had a high lift option for this little loader. It is a wonderful plow machine! The tire size is slighty taller (maybe one inch) than the 20" optional tires offered by Deere on these loaders, so speed will be slighty better than oem, BUT, the major difference is these are skinny! And less expensive than the oem tires or alternatives
The tread design looks like the Toyo M55's that we run on our pickups, but we sipe them as well.
I looked at many different tire brands and types and also tried to keep my costs within reason. I almost went with 24.5" but went the 22.5 low pro option ( had to make sure rear axle could still oscillate correctly, 24.5 might have worked). This gave me a few more options and were a little more readily available in my area. Still the 22.5 option gave me a 3/4" to maybe an inch taller than the large tire option from Deere. This was what I was trying to achieve from the beginning of this project for my winter tires on 244 Deere, taller and skinnier than the large optional OEM tires
Have you heard of the Michelin snow plus tires there an awesome snow tire not suer if they make them that small but lot of guys in our area run them on there loaders and blades in the winter time.
what kind/size pusher u using ? What did u pay for it ?