Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 212SU air filter buzzer problems

Nickslawnltd ยท 2015-03-07 17:28

Just new to the forum. I have JCB 212SU I just bought this year for snow. Machine has been great, changed all filters, fluids etc when purchased. One outing the warning buzzer started coming on and off periodically mainly at higher RPM, checked filtered a little dirty nothing crazy so replaced both in and outer filter. Didn't seem to change much though I did notice the filter gauge thingy that you push in to reset seem a little loose and tightened it. Now it seems to happen very randomly at high rpm, just idling, sometimes when roading it from lot to lot it comes and goes. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions in what the issue could be. Thanks in advance

Replies9
  1. #1Catback2015-03-08 08:41

    Was the housing dirty? You may have to clean that with water.

  2. #2Nickslawnltd2015-03-08 14:50

    There was nothing noticeable. I will check it out and give it a quick wipe down and see if it makes a difference. I'm just at a bit of a loss as it doesn't seem to be down power or smoking or anything of the sorts

  3. #3d4c24a2015-03-08 16:28

    dodgy sensor

  4. #4Deon2015-03-08 22:05

    I believe d4c24a is likely correct. Sensors offer fail. If your filter is clean the sensor must be faulty.

  5. #5Nickslawnltd2015-03-08 22:30

    Now not to sound stupid by sensor do you guys mean the thingy that threads in that you push the button in on?

  6. #6Deon2015-03-09 09:01

    I would assume that the button thingy and the sensor (JCB may call it a switch) should be the same part. There should be a wire connection pluged in to it. Call your dealer's parts counter or JCB may have an online parts catalogue that you can view. I they do, your dealer can tell you how to access it.

  7. #7Nickslawnltd2015-03-09 11:30

    Ordered one this morning. Should be here in a couple of days. I will let you guys know how it works. Just curious where it threads in should I put Teflon tape or anything or just thread it in?

  8. #8Deon2015-03-09 21:12

    May come with a seal or o-ring. if not you can use Teflon tape. probably not necessary but won't hurt anything providing it's not relying on the threads as a ground.

  9. #9LMST2015-03-11 08:47

    JCB 212 air filter buzzing Had the same problem with JCB 214 with the Perkins motor. Problem was at high RPM snorkel hose was being sucked shut restricting air flow. Cure- slide in a piece of 1 inch PVC pipe and screw it in place near the center of the inlet. PVC (or other material) works as a support for an oval hose. Lar