Greatings folks, been some time... Anyway trying to find online parts source for the ole gurl, currently just need brakes, (and its lookin like the injection pump is getting tired). Local dealer is a bit of a tool... Second question, have a possible project coming up that involves lifting 3900 pound concrete blocks, Best guess on whether she'll do it or not? Currently she can lift herself front and rear without any issue (other then some air in the system...) point the front bucket as far down as possible and she'll get max lift that way, the hoe will keep lifting until I chicken out, somewheres around 4' of wheel clearence:beatsme. What I am concerned about is that pretty much all the cylinders will bleed down fairly fast, just not sure if this has any effect on the lifting ability. About the only thing I have around to try it out for lifting something this heavy is a few trucks and what not here... But I need them and don't feel like doing any body work if something breaks... Thanks in advance.
You can do the casece parts lookup or broken tractor. You have to factor in the attachments for a lift with a backhoe as well as the shape of the machine. A extenda hoe drops around 800lbs of lift at the rear and a 4x1 bucket on the front around 500lbs verse a standard backhoe and loader bucket. The front loader would be close, and the hoe at around 10' out and 4' off the ground, standard backhoe (35) may be close but it would lose the lift rt/lt of center quick and the more reach would drop the load rating to like 2000lbs at 14' out and 4' off the ground. If you have leaks and concerns about your machine I would advise to find a different means do it. Safety and damage control is the issue when you get outside the box doing things like this.
Alrighty then, I've fixed most of the serious leaks, still have a handfull of hoses that concern me but they are for things like digger bucket and one of the stabalizer up hoses, the rest are in pretty good shape, and as it sits now 75% of the cylinders have been rebuilt within 3 years. Trying to move ecology blocks, or whatever they call em... seems like everyone has a name for em... Its a fairly basic machine, standard front bucket, and no extenda hoe (though a 4-1 would be sweet for what I use her for)... Only a hand full of welds on the front bucket, and none on the rear. She's just ugly from lack of paint and years of neglect from the city I got er from.
Take the bucket off and either lift from a rod through the pin hole or from the loader frame if the blocks won't damage the front end. Keep them just off the ground, go slow and I bet it will handle them.
So while I'm at it. And I know I've read about this somewheres probably here, but when she's cold she don't like to move forward or reverse. If I remember right this is fairly normal, since once she warms up everything is fine... I think... But is this a fluid level issue? or is it just an old case crotchity old hoe thing. If its a fluid thing is the hydraulic fluid and trans fluid shared? if not where the Hel is the tranny fill/dip stick.
Two dipsticks one in front of the gear shift lever for the torque tube fluid and one behind for the trans/rear end. The rear end uses 90 wt around 5 gal for a change. The front holds around 16 qt , start machine and let it run for a couple min., stop machine and check immediately, add a TCH spec fluid. Most will look milky and should be flushed and drained at 1000 hrs or sooner, there is a filter behind the front grill. You will see some posts that reference drilling the torque tube to flush and wash the pickup screen, they will get slimed up and cause a possible delay in movement.