Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214 4wd front differential yoke

tpitt ยท 2013-11-23 18:08

I have a 1995 JCB 214 2 wheel steer series 2 backhoe. I'm trying to pull the front yoke to change the pinion seal. I can't get it to budge. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

Replies3
  1. #1tpitt2013-11-24 10:37

    No words of wisdom? I'm going to try to make a special puller. I've pulled many yokes, but have never had one this tough.

  2. #2mitch5042013-11-24 11:47

    I have done many things, depending on how the yoke is made. Wrapping a strap or cable around it and putting pressure on with a come-a-long while beating it with a bfh, somehow attaching a bar from a push-puller to it and putting pressure on it with a bfh, attaching them to a bfslidehammer, using a big two jaw puller to put pressure on it while beating it with a bfh, occasionally, as a nearly last resort, heating it while putting pressure on and beating it with a bfh, and as a last resort, cutting it with a torch.

  3. #3tpitt2013-11-24 15:30

    Thanks Mitch. I put some heat to it and it came off. I wasn't certain about heating it, but it didn't do any other damage and came off.