Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214 Backhoe

eastern ยท 2015-02-22 20:27

I have 2003 backhoe with exhoe the wear pads needs to be replaced. I have the parts but I am not sure what I will have to take apart in order to do the repairs,I don't want to remove any unnecessary bolts or parts.Can any body help me? If someone who has worked on a JCB or knows how this repair is done I would appreciate the information.

Replies13
  1. #1LT-x72015-02-22 23:02

    Are we talking about the wear pads for the extenda hoe? They bolt into the stick where the extenda hoe slides?

  2. #2eastern2015-02-23 18:29

    Yes that is what I am talking about, but when I look at the the extenda hoe it does not look like you can just slide the wear pads in place if I remove the bolts. It looks like the stick will have to come out in order for the pads to be replaced. Is this correct?

  3. #3CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-02-23 20:46

    That is correct. Pull the bottom side pin on the extend a stick cylinder and slide it out with a crane or forklift.

  4. #4CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-02-23 21:07

    I hope you can read these!

  5. #5eastern2015-02-23 21:11

    Thank you, I was hoping that it would be easier then that but at least I know what I have to do.

  6. #6eastern2015-02-23 21:52

    Thanks for the attachments, the pictures and diagrams shows me exactly what I have to do, makes it easier.

  7. #7LT-x72015-02-24 01:11

    I replaced mine without removing the extenda hoe from the stick. Its been a long time and I remember it being a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure it was easier than completely pulling the stick apart. I pulled all of the pads out on top first, with those out it gives some slop. Putting light pressure on the bucket at different angles and being creative with pry bars I was able to wiggle the lower pads out one at a time.

  8. #8eastern2015-02-27 09:10

    This a maintenance question, the transmission in my machine is four speed syncro shuttle #441/00100 in my parts book. The question I have is when the machine is running and I check the level of the transmission fluid there is nothing shown on the dip stick but when the machine is stopped engine off there is transmission fluid showing is this normal? The machine operates good in all gears with no trouble changing. I just what to make sure that this is the way the transmission is suppose to operate I do not what problems down the road.

  9. #9CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-02-27 18:05

    Hello again. It depends on the serial number. Most you run the engine till it's warm and then shut it off. Wait 60 seconds and check your fluid level.

  10. #10eastern2015-02-27 18:23

    The serial number of my machine is SLP214TC3V0903507/4000 if this is any help, I will check the fluid level the way you described when I start the machine again, thanks again I appreciate your help.

  11. #11CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-02-27 19:50

    I.m sorry, Its 20 seconds you wait after shutting down on your machine. Does it have a synchro shuttle or a powershift transmission?

  12. #12CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-02-27 19:52
  13. #13eastern2015-03-01 11:33

    Thanks for getting back to me, I am not sure if I have a syncro shuttle or powershift transmission I am new at owning a backhoe. The shifter is on the steering column and you can shift the machine while in motion so I assume this would mean that it has a powershift transmission? Thanks again for the attachments and I will check the fluid the way it is explained in the attachment.