Okay I need some ideas here. Went to a job today to work on a JCB 214 series 2 it's 1996 model. The problem the owner was having is that he went to select the backhoe in forward or reverse and it wouldn't move. I know the switch is lettin power get to the relays and fuses. Went to the dealer to ask about getting a clutch solenoid (the one on the valve body on transfer case). They said that's what I was looking for. Just curious as to if I'm missing a step or anything. I feel like I covered my areas and narrowed it down but just wanna double check before I order a 430.00 part for a client and it doesn't work. Any advice is good advice.
Depending on the s/n, the machine may have a dump microswitch pedal to the left of the brake pedals, you also have a cutout switch in the gear shift knob, loader lever control knob. The parking brake lever has a switch also that if applied or sticking will not allow the trans to go into F/R. When you test the parking brake you release the lever just enough to make the brake light go out, then you check the holding power in third gear, if it's off just a little it will not allow current to pass. The fuses you need to pay attention to are the C3 and the B7. the relays #6 is dump, #8 forward and #11 reverse. Is the machine a two wheel drive or a four wheel drive, and do you have the S/n ?.
I don't have the serial number handy but it is a 4wheel drive. I go back to work on it next Saturday and I will keep all this so I can double check myself again. I really appreciate it!
I don't know about the JCB214, but on my 212s, I have a switch on the side panel,, it's for the brake or neutral, it has to be set to "on" to start and to "off" to move.