Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 214 transmission light

sparkygriswold ยท 2018-09-26 20:59

I have a 96 jcb 214 series 2 extendahoe. the transmission warning lights (a gear/wheel with a drop symbol inside) comes on after running the hoe. happens in neutral and low rpms. off when I run up the rpms either driving or working the hoe. Tyranny fluid/filter changed 3 months ago, looks good. cooler coil cleaned. new fan belts. Ordered a service manual but it seems to be coming on a slow boat from England. I appreciate any ideas and help you all might have. Syncroshuttle transmission.

Replies4
  1. #1hookedondiesel2018-09-29 07:55

    That light indicates " low transmission oil pressure" when lite. What type of oil did you put in. It should be 10W trans oil.

  2. #2Power Tan2018-10-01 21:32

    I would double check the trans oil. If you have an operators manual it will give you the oil spec. I think they will call it special JCB trans oil witch is type F. I would also install a gauge and verify the oil pressure.

  3. #3sparkygriswold2018-10-02 21:14

    Thanks guys. will check trans oil. Previous owner changed it and seeing a Napa filter maybe he fudged on the trans oil too.

  4. #4jcb jeff2018-10-08 10:09

    As per other replies check that you have correct grade of oils and correct amount then on the bottom of the gear box take out the strainer and check that this is clean . The strainer is an oval kind of square with two 13 mm or 1/2" bolts drop a clean drain tray under it and drop the oil and check no debris present and refill with correct oil also need to put a gauge on transmission main line ontop of the gearbox should have around 9.3 -11 bar and on engaging gear on stalk the pressure should drop and come back to where it was , this is just filling the clutch basket.