Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214 Transmission problem

Chris Harford ยท 2023-12-19 17:06

Hello, I have a 2004 JCB 214 Backhoe - The SN is SLP214TC4U0904041. Everything was working fine until a couple months ago. Occasionally it would not go into gear, or stop working while it was in gear. The first several times this happened it had been blowing a fuse related to the transmission, and we replaced that and it would work again. But then it stopped going into gear altogether. I don't even really know where to start in diagnosing this. I half suspect that it is an electrical issue - maybe something related to the parking brake? The reason I say that is whether the parking brake is on or off it turns the parking brake light on when you put it in forward or reverse. Any other ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1Chris Harford2023-12-19 18:49

    So apparently the parking brake prox switch is impossible to get- does anyone know how I can bypass that to at least test if that is the real issue?

  2. #2Coytee2023-12-20 09:19

    I've got a 1550B. I once had some intermittent issues with transmission totally not working. I don't recall how I discovered it but the forward/reverse lever on left side of steering wheel, had a solder that had come loose. If it was touching, things worked fine. If it jarred and broke the circuit, then dead in the water. I was able to resolder it after removing from machine and it's been fine since. Doubt that helps you but thought I'd throw it out there.

  3. #3Chris Harford2023-12-21 14:08

    Thanks for the help- does anyone know what the part number would be for that forward reverse lever- SLP214TC4U0904041 . It is a 4 speed powershift.